Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the limited worth the price over the GLS, I wanted leather seats but the GLS with premium package leatherette seats doesn't seem too bad to me.

The list of features of limited over GLS with package is not too many, mainly fog lights, leather and 1" bigger wheel of the same design.

The problem is I want the navigation system and when I find a Limited they actually don't have it. I also want the black color dash and combined with the exterior color that I want (white or charcoal) this was not possible to find.

·
Registered
570 Posts
QUOTE (2010Tucson @ May 29 2010, 12:37 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=327643
Is the limited worth the price over the GLS, I wanted leather seats but the GLS with premium package leatherette seats doesn't seem too bad to me.

The list of features of limited over GLS with package is not too many, mainly fog lights, leather and 1" bigger wheel of the same design.

The problem is I want the navigation system and when I find a Limited they actually don't have it. I also want the black color dash and combined with the exterior color that I want (white or charcoal) this was not possible to find.
If you really want the leather, go with the limited. Having the 6-way power driver's seat is very nice. Also, the pano roof is outstanding, if you like that kind of thing. From what I understand, you can't get it on the the GLS. Good luck with your decision.

tim B)

·
Registered
9 Posts
In Canada, sunroof, wheels of 18 inches, chromium (exterior), the complete leather seats and electric ajustments (conductor) as well as that the automatic control of the temperature is only supplied on the Limited model (no package supplied in Canada). For me this choice was logical (less than 10 % of the price). Many articles on internet recommend this model which offers lot of features for the price :thumbsup: . The navigation system is supplied only with the Limited Nav model (with backup cam). This model is not recommended (for de price...). Il love the panoramic sunroof. :grin:

·
1,914 Posts
I'm seriously considering trading my Santa Fe SE for a Tucson. While I like the Limited, I'm probably going to get a GLS with the premium package due to cost. The one thing I will miss off of my Santa Fe is the auto headlights, very nice to have and I just have become use to that. I can live without them.

It's your decision, it seems like you want the leather and if you have the money I'd go for the Limited so you don't regret it.

Also, the wheel design is not the same on the GLS and Limited.

·
Registered
570 Posts
QUOTE (HyundaiLvr87 @ May 30 2010, 02:32 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=327888
...The one thing I will miss off of my Santa Fe is the auto headlights, very nice to have and I just have become use to that. I can live without them.

You can get the auto headlights on the GLS, but you do have to get both of the option packages to do so, which kind of defeats the pricing strategy.

We also love the Santa Fe, but comparing the Tucson and 2nd gen Santa Fe left little doubt as to which one we preferred, especially with the 3rd gen Santa Fe coming out later this year.

tim B)

·
1,914 Posts
To get the auto headlights, I need to get the nav which you are right and it defeats the purpose. I don't really need nav although it would be nice to have, especially since you get the upgraded sound system.

I love my Santa Fe and it's my third one, however I have had a couple problems plus gas mileage has gone down and the Tucson's 31mpgs definitely intrigue's me. I don't need a big SUV but I have always loved the Santa Fe as this is my third one. I also never cared for the previous generation Tucson, but I can definitely see myself in a 2010. Finding the one I want is going to be the tough part.

·
Registered
570 Posts
QUOTE (HyundaiLvr87 @ May 30 2010, 03:32 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=327904
To get the auto headlights, I need to get the nav which you are right and it defeats the purpose. I don't really need nav although it would be nice to have, especially since you get the upgraded sound system.

I love my Santa Fe and it's my third one, however I have had a couple problems plus gas mileage has gone down and the Tucson's 31mpgs definitely intrigue's me. I don't need a big SUV but I have always loved the Santa Fe as this is my third one. I also never cared for the previous generation Tucson, but I can definitely see myself in a 2010. Finding the one I want is going to be the tough part.
The nav is really well done. I've been using a TomTom since 2007, and I like this Hyundai unit very much. It's voice is terrible and doesn't have any alternates, but the few times I've used it, it has worked flawlessly. Having touchscreen is really a plus. I plan on keeping this car for a decade, so I spent the extra money on the limited. Didn't want to be in car for 10 years with no pano roof, weak stereo, cables hanging all over the place from my TomTom, etc. The stereo is a tad weaker than I had hoped, but I listen almost exclusively to satellite radio, so that explains some of the weakness.

tim B)

·
1,914 Posts
While the nav is nice, I don't think I could swing it. I would love to have the pano roof too. Is your tuc chai bronze like the one in your avatar? That's my top color choice followed by Iris Blue but it does look too close to purple. I work at a hyundai dealer and we have received base GLS's but no GLS's with the PP or Limited's in the bronze. I would love to see a photo of yours if you have one.

·
Registered
570 Posts
QUOTE (HyundaiLvr87 @ May 30 2010, 04:02 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=327911
While the nav is nice, I don't think I could swing it. I would love to have the pano roof too. Is your tuc chai bronze like the one in your avatar? That's my top color choice followed by Iris Blue but it does look too close to purple. I work at a hyundai dealer and we have received base GLS's but no GLS's with the PP or Limited's in the bronze. I would love to see a photo of yours if you have one.
Yeah, we have the Chai Bronze. We bought the color without seeing it, as we needed to act quickly and there were none to be seen! It is a beautiful color, but I would strongly recommend you see it first, before you buy. It is much lighter than the impression you get by "building your own" on the Hyundai website. We have been complimented many times in the three months we have had the car, so it must look good(!), but I would still rather have actually seen it first.

I haven't taken any pics yet, but now that we finally have some decent weather, I probably should.

tim B)

·
1,914 Posts
I'd love to see a pic. I have seen a Limited in chai bronze and we received a base GLS and that was back when I wasn't considering the tucson. From what I remember, I really liked it. Seeing your limited would be closer to the GLS with PP than a base GLS.

·
Registered
570 Posts
QUOTE (HyundaiLvr87 @ May 31 2010, 06:37 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=328047
I'd love to see a pic. I have seen a Limited in chai bronze and we received a base GLS and that was back when I wasn't considering the tucson. From what I remember, I really liked it. Seeing your limited would be closer to the GLS with PP than a base GLS.
Well, that WAS the plan for today, but it's been raining since noon! Oh, well, maybe in the next few days...

·
1,914 Posts
No need to take pics now. We received a Limited with nav and pano and base GLS in Chai Bronze today. That's definitely the color I'm going to get. It looks so rich looking on the Limited.

Thanks for trying to take the pic!

·
Registered
570 Posts
QUOTE (HyundaiLvr87 @ May 31 2010, 06:58 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=328227
No need to take pics now. We received a Limited with nav and pano and base GLS in Chai Bronze today. That's definitely the color I'm going to get. It looks so rich looking on the Limited.

Thanks for trying to take the pic!
Great! Now, the pressure's off me!!! :D

Good luck with your decision. Let us know what you get, and do a much better job of taking pictures than some of this forum's users. :innocent:

tim B)

·
1,914 Posts
I reallyyy wish I could swing for that Limited but the GLS with PP may even be a stretch. It looks like I will have to wait awhile because I checked what we have coming. One is a base GLS and the other is exactly what I want except with taupe interior. I prefer the black. I'm in no rush, so when it comes, it comes. I don't want them to dealer trade because I don't want someone else driving my car.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Is it true that if you want the retractable cargo cover you have to get the Limited? This is the kind of thing which drives me absolutely insane. I consider the cargo cover a fundamental piece of equipment; to sell a Tucson without one is to me like selling a sedan without a lid on the trunk.

I bought a Santa Fe in late 2000, shortly after it was introduced. One of the things I love about it was that I didn't have to get a top-of-the-line premium package in order to get all of the nice, practical features I was after, such as fog lights, cargo net, retractable cargo cover, heated outside mirrors, etc. Now it looks like Hyundai is starting to play the same sh***y games as the other auto manufacturers: They force you to buy the Limited package in order to get what I consider to be absolutely essential features.

·
1,914 Posts
Now that you mention it, I believe I only saw the cargo cover on the Limited's yesterday. My 08 Santa Fe didn't come with one either but my other 2 did. It should be a standard feature.

·
Registered
25 Posts
QUOTE (2010Tucson @ May 29 2010, 11:37 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=327643

For what it's worth, the cloth/leatherette seats that come with the GLS popular equipment package are really very nice. I took a peek at the Limited with full leather when shopping. Perhaps I'm weird, but I preferred the GLS cloth/leather to the full leather in the Limited. I think they'll wear better over time and be easier to maintain. It's very comfy, too.

Like you, I couldn't justify the extra pricetag for the handful of extra upgrades that came with a Limited. For what I needed, a GLS w/ popular equipment package was more than enough to meet and exceed my checklist.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts