Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone experiencing the glove box latch making an annoying rattle sound when driving on a course road, like concrete? Not bumpy just unsmooth/rough.

I placed a thick napkin in between the latch and locking mechanism (to remove the play) and the noise disappeared. I haven't checked to see if I can 'tighten' the latch yet and make a simple adjustment to cure the problem.

Ozz

·
Registered
100 Posts
Anyone experiencing the glove box latch making an annoying rattle sound when driving on a course road, like concrete? Not bumpy just unsmooth/rough.

I placed a thick napkin in between the latch and locking mechanism (to remove the play) and the noise disappeared. I haven't checked to see if I can 'tighten' the latch yet and make a simple adjustment to cure the problem.

Ozz
I also have noticed this problem on my Santa Fe. Please let me know what solution you come up with.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i think I may have a simple and cheap solution to solve this rattle problem. I finally did the adjustment today and after test driving if it works I will post the results. My wife drives the car most times so I rarely drive the Santa Fe but when I do the rattle drives me crazy when driving on the concrete highway which is not bumpy but not smooth either.

·
Registered
100 Posts
i think I may have a simple and cheap solution to solve this rattle problem. I finally did the adjustment today and after test driving if it works I will post the results. My wife drives the car most times so I rarely drive the Santa Fe but when I do the rattle drives me crazy when driving on the concrete highway which is not bumpy but not smooth either.
I also found a solution to the problem. I will post a picture to help show what I did. I took two small washers and used some wire cutters and cut a notch in them. I then stretched the rubber bumper out a little that the glove box sits against and slid the washers behind it. Added a little more pressure against the glove box when shut and that fixed it right up. NO RATTLE AT ALL!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts