Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I have read my manual cover to cover...twice. Hyundai seems to be very careful about mentioning which features are not on all models by using the phrase "(if equipped)". One feature where this phrase does not appear is on the text regarding the glove box light. My 2010 GLS w/auto tranny does not have one. I have opened the glove box, at night, with the lights on, and nothing. The space where the bulb should be seems to be occupied by a piece of plastic that matches the interior of the car.
Could this have been a last minute change, or did my dealer try to cover up a non-working light, hoping I wouldn't notice? (After all how many people actually read the manual)?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm with you on that one. I posted a thread earlier about the same thing. (Missing illumination) You will also notice,and this bothered me more, that the maker lights on the front doors no longer light up. I removed the lens and there is a hole for the socket and nothing else. Maybe the wiring harness in the door still has the connector. I don't know if the sockets could just be plugged in or not. You'd have to take the door panel off to find out. They just left them out to cut costs.I find this kind of cheap in an otherwise nicely optioned car.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I knew about the marker lights on the door, since that was mentioned in some reviews. Furthermore, there was no mention of them in the manual. The glove box light is mentioned in the manual under features and there is an illustration in the maintenance section showing how to change the bulb.

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
18,622 Posts
I just can’t seem to find the bulb code to replace it.
I don't know the code. But it's a standard festoon bulb. Just take the old one to your local auto parts store and ask them to match it up with a new one.

If I helped you fix it, why not...

Your support is greatly appreciated

1 - 5 of 5 Posts