Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone experiencing high sun glare on their navigation screen to the point where it's almost unusable? I don't notice it as much on my wife's 2011 Sonata. Any advice is appreciated.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Yes, I've certainly noticed it. Here in sunny San Diego, the glare of the sun makes the display screen nearly useless much of the time. It's amazing to me how often the display is rendered unviewable by the sun. That suggests to me that they could have as easily picked another angle that would have been legible for a largely equivalent percentage of the time. I sure wish they had.

The inclination of the display was selected to match and look cool with the general slant of the instrument panel. Only problem is that the angle selected is perfect for picking up sun glare during most daylight hours. A clear case of form over function.

Much as we like our Tucson, this is one feature about it that we'd change in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
3 Posts
QUOTE (Hutty @ Jun 15 2010, 07:12 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=333150
I just ordered one of these, I will report back on how it is. Anti-Glare Screen Protector
Interest product, please lets us know if this product actually works? My Tucson 2010 GPS is fine if I don't wear sun glasses else I have to tilt my head to certain position in order to see the screen display. Is this normal?

·
Registered
570 Posts
QUOTE (cross_smash @ Jun 15 2010, 05:45 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=333262
Interest product, please lets us know if this product actually works? My Tucson 2010 GPS is fine if I don't wear sun glasses else I have to tilt my head to certain position in order to see the screen display. Is this normal?
Yes, that's the polarization of your glasses causing that. You probably have problems reading the displays on gas pumps and some types of cash registers, too. It is a pain, but it is definitely "normal".

As for the initial poster's comments, I agree the angle of the nav was not well thought out. When you combine a sunny day (sunglasses on) AND the glare from the sun on the screen, it can be very difficult. Same for when it is in rear-view camera mode. I am hoping the product mentioned above has at least some positive effect!

tim B)

·
Registered
570 Posts
There is a product called glarestomper that makes fabric shields for portable GPS navigation devices. I bought one for my TomTom a couple of years back, and I was hoping they might have something that could help us. However, when I checked their site, they don't show any vehicle nav systems, just the portable ones.

Hopefully, this Anti Glare Screen Protector mentioned above will do the trick.

tim B)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I bought the Lexerd Anti-Glare and have mix feeling about the results. This product does reduce the glare but is not fingerprint free as advertised. I am not sure is worth spending close to US$25(US$5 shipping) for it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I just put it on, it does help a little, but if the sun is shining directly on it it doesn't do much. I haven't really used the touch screen much, I'll report back if I can confirm the fingerprint problem.

*UPDATE* It does definitely show the fingerprints a bit more than without it. I hadn't noticed too much because I mostly use the steering wheel controls, but i can imagine if you were typing in GPS addresses it would be pretty noticeable. I'll give it a while to see if its so bad that I have to remove it. On the upside, it is cut to the perfect size and went on easy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts