Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, my first post,
My girl friends 04 2.4 with 120,000 miles on the speedo, will sometimes stall, it doesen do it all the tiime, when it does at highway speeds just starts slowing down and idles very low when you pull over. Today it did it, didnt cut off but was idling very low, so I got behind the wheel hopeing to get it home, I started out on the highway and managed to get up 45 mph, then as quick as it stalled out it started runnin fine, ran fine to her house and then ran fine back to my house about 20 miles, and never had a hickup. Its not throwing a fault light, so it has me stumped. Any areas I should be looking at..........................Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replys,

No fault light
I do need to check the fuel pressure, could be the pressure regulator, it had enough pressure driving it home to hit the redline on take offs, so if its the fuel delivery its a intermediate problem.
Anything else that could be up with this thing, Im going to drive it and see if I can get it to do it again..........................

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
It's old enough and has enough mileage for the crankshaft position sensor to start getting flakey. The symptoms you describe are much like those that others have had and they changed the CPS to cure the problem.

My '01 has about 117 Kmiles on it and I'm waiting for it to happen to me. When it does, I won't be surprised. Just annoyed. :(

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OK a little up date,
Drove the car this morning to town, stopped at a customers for 10-15 minutes( about 25 mile drive) car ran great , took back off to another stop( 10 mile drive, no problem yet), car sat for about 30-45 minutes, took off and car stalled out about 5 miles down the road. It did the very same thing, engine didnt cut off, but no power and after I pulled over it was idling very low but never cut off. Sat there revving the engine for just a few minutes and all the sudden it ran fine. Took off and drove back home (25 miles) and it ran fine, parked the car, idling fine, no problem. Still no check engine light, I did check for fault codes but no codes stored.

DShornet
I have read that the crank sensor can cause these problems, I replaced it a week ago as I was replacing all the timing belts and idler pullies, so I wonted to replace it while I was diggin in the front cover anyway, I thought that the crank sensor would fix this problem..........

Any more ideas, I will check the fuel pressure tomorrow and see what I find, I know I need to replace the fuel filter, as I dont think its ever been replaced.............................Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OH YEA, thanks Veteran for the info on the fuel filter replacement, why caint these car manufactories make things a bit more complicated, LOL

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
I don't think it's crank sensor. You would have almost certainly gotten a code for that. No codes usually means fuel problem because there's no way for the system to judge fuel pressure, thus no codes. Crank sensor is all electrical, thus it's easy for the system to detect a problem.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts