Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I own a 2017 Santa Fe sports AWD and in here recently since a month or more the audio system decides to start itself automatically and won't shut off whatever you do start stop car multiple times, take a short trip and on off and suddenly it works normal again

Including lighting on front panel surrounding audio system and sometimes the changing pods as well

Took to dealer they mentioned fuse box might be culprit and replaced it though it seems problem still persists

My biggest worry is it might drain the battery and we might have to call a tow truck

Does anyone else have similar issue or know resolution
20200927_200415.jpg
20200927_201807.jpg

·
Registered
726 Posts
Another - possibly undocumented - 'feature' forced on consumers that assumes they want the radio turned on every time they start the ignition. 🤦‍♂️

Gosh I can't WAIT to get back to the '50s or '60s....!

Not kidding - I'm on a special list

·
Registered
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
2,291 Posts
Yes this seems like an issue with the smart junction box or the bcm. Need to have someone scan those modules for codes

Quick question....any aftermarket electronics on the car (amp/subs, trailer light kit, etc)? These can wreak havoc on a canbus vehicle when they begin to fail.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
726 Posts
Yes this seems like an issue with the smart junction box or the bcm. Need
to have someone scan those modules for codes

Quick question....any aftermarket electronics on the car (amp/subs, trailer
light kit, etc)? These can wreak havoc on a canbus vehicle when they begin
to fail.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
"bcm" spells H.O.E. = He77 on Earth when it involves Body Control!

In my present 2010 Honda Accord, if I park, turn off the engine, and don't remove the key within 30 seconds of turning engine off, the doors will lock, and when i remove key from ignition, the alarm goes off! Pressing the unlock on the armrest will not unlock, and I have to manually unlock the driver door to open it and get out.

Meanwhile, NO buttons on the keyhead(My Honda key is integrated fob), can cease the alarm until all are pressed, and neighbors are awakened, or parking lot customers startled at the supermarket, etc.

Another reason the mid-20th century awaits me.... And it will be soon....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts