Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
My 2013 is 9 months old and over time I've noticed whenever I lock my doors. My passenger side rear door does an extra click. Sounds like it's locking twice, an extra one after the original click. Anyone experience anything like this? It's not a huge deal, I just hear it every time and I wonder if it could turn into an issue with locking etc..
Don't have a problem bringing it into the dealer for a look, but wanted to check here first to see if I'm the only one....

·
Registered
622 Posts
Hi all,
My 2013 is 9 months old and over time I've noticed whenever I lock my doors. My passenger side rear door does an extra click. Sounds like it's locking twice, an extra one after the original click. Anyone experience anything like this? It's not a huge deal, I just hear it every time and I wonder if it could turn into an issue with locking etc..
Don't have a problem bringing it into the dealer for a look, but wanted to check here first to see if I'm the only one....
Could be the actuator starting to malfunction. Keep an eye on it and make sure it really locks. You may want to have the dealership do some diag/replacement before it gets worse. Just as long as it's consistent so they can reproduce the problem. Nothing more annoying then having the car NOT malfunction as soon as you get in the dealership parking lot.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Police - Ghost in the Machine comes alive! :cool:

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Could be the actuator starting to malfunction. Keep an eye on it and make sure it really locks. You may want to have the dealership do some diag/replacement before it gets worse. Just as long as it's consistent so they can reproduce the problem. Nothing more annoying then having the car NOT malfunction as soon as you get in the dealership parking lot.
Yeah it happens 100% of the time I lock it. With the fob, from the inside button, and when I shift out of park. So I think I'll take it in this weekend. Thanks!

·
Banned
109 Posts
holy, i have the exact problem since i bought the car. still haven't fixed, and sometimes, i locked the door in the evening, and when i came back in the morning, all doors were unlocked. I always doubted myself to have it locked when i entered my home. However, it had happened several times.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
holy, i have the exact problem since i bought the car. still haven't fixed, and sometimes, i locked the door in the evening, and when i came back in the morning, all doors were unlocked. I always doubted myself to have it locked when i entered my home. However, it had happened several times.
Have you taken your car in to the dealer yet?
I made an appt for saturday at my local dealer.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Have you taken your car in to the dealer yet?
I made an appt for saturday at my local dealer.
Dealer said they couldn't recreate my issue when I took mine in for the random unlock. I made a post before. It hasn't happened in about 2 months.

My keys sit on a shelf coming in the door. I can see my car out the window when watching tv. Randomly I'll see my park lights flash and walk outside and my car is unlocked. It NEVER does the opposite and randomly locks. It's always an unlock.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dealer said they couldn't recreate my issue when I took mine in for the random unlock. I made a post before. It hasn't happened in about 2 months.

My keys sit on a shelf coming in the door. I can see my car out the window when watching tv. Randomly I'll see my park lights flash and walk outside and my car is unlocked. It NEVER does the opposite and randomly locks. It's always an unlock.
hmm... The dealer won't have trouble recreating the issue. As it happens 100% of the time I lock it. So I'll bring it in, show them and we'll see what they say. I'll post my results...
Thanks for the help!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts