Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I have a 2004 Hyundai Getz - Auto, it keeps stalling 5 mins after starting it first thing in the morning and driving about 100 meters down the raod. Problem is it doesn't have every time. I have taken it to 2 x mechanics and they can't find the problem.

Does anyone else have this issue and how do i fix it as the mechanics don't seem to know what to do without it costing me big $$$$$.

·
Registered
2 Posts
QUOTE (Getz user @ Oct 24 2010, 09:13 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=365866
Hi

I have a 2004 Hyundai Getz - Auto, it keeps stalling 5 mins after starting it first thing in the morning and driving about 100 meters down the raod. Problem is it doesn't have every time. I have taken it to 2 x mechanics and they can't find the problem.

Does anyone else have this issue and how do i fix it as the mechanics don't seem to know what to do without it costing me big $$$$$.
Check the fuel lines! My 1.1 GSI kept losing RPM and without good clutch control would stall. It turned out to be the fuel filter, The previous owner had never replaced it, therefore it was starving the engine from its precious petrolium. I think the filter is located inside the tank and is usually ignored by mechanics searching for problems.

I hope this information solves your problem and your Getz becomes a good little run around again.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts