Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A first look at Getz does not get any better. The journey of the Hyundai small car has taken a fall from the tall boy slim model to this mongoose headed model. Though I hate the Hyundai brand itself due to its origin I would suggest the superiority of the first model Santro. The design and compatibility was very much suitable for Indian conditions. But now with Getz it gets worse. Practically there is no change seen clearly between the previous Xing and this. And it gets more and more hollow in a bid to provide space and other unnecessary comforts. As is Japanese and Koreans cars have their knack of compact designs and flimsy engines. They lack a powerful bend which can be found in the European and American cars.
As for features Getz falls back in providing adequate add-ons. The safety features and the extra space and the so called style does not claim the right standards for a small car. Because people who buy a small car expect different standards. The suspension on this model makes it uneasy to maneuver over bumps and curves smoothly and effectively which had the best suspension would still rule over the Getz. The suspension system along with the braking system does not glide over Indian road conditions with comfort and easiness.
The power steering and 5 speed transmission options only make things complicated. They just put a hold to fuel efficiency and wreck with the car?s engine. And that too when it is a Korean made engine you can imagine the beating it would go through. These engines have a proven experience of lacking rugged power and rigidity. The adrenaline rush required to push the engine across various levels diminishes and degrades when it comes to comparison with any other low end model.
Looks like even their friend, the Alto, would overshadow the Getz in competition in terms of looks and power. As is the Japanese and Korean brands lose their vigor, quality, efficiency, sturdiness and color sooner than you can imagine. They don?t even live up to their value. You can?t even make full use of their worth. No wonder why few of them shut shop like the Daewoo and Mitsubishi. Both these brands did not have the competitive edge to survive. Altogether I feel the North-eastern giants are minting money by pushing their obsolete technologies to our country. Of course their brand positioning gets a facelift from the global point of view and also they reap rich dividends and transfer it to their country in the meantime.

·
Registered
316 Posts
:eek: I just don't believe what I have just read, before I go any further I have to say that I am sorry, but I think you don't know what you are taking about (talking a load of bull!!!!), I have owned a Getz since July this year, I bought the car because I had to find some sort of transport, after losing my job of 27 years and up to that point I could pick and choose to a certain extent what car I had because it was a firms car. Now after much searching the net and other sources I came to the conclusion that the Getz (1300 CDX Automatic) was the best car on the road that suited my needs, great spec; air-con, electric sun roof, multi-airbags, power steering, ABS & EBD braking, CD-Radio, remote control central locking, lots of interior space, metallic paint (no extra cost), etc; etc; etc: 5 alloy wheels, 5 years warranty, 3 years free servicing, 6 years anti-corrosion warranty, 3 years AA road-side assistance, what else can you ask for?? Driving the Getz is no problem, the suspension is spot on, the driving postion is like sitting in a easy chair and all the buttons/switches are at hand, the only gripe's I have got is the FC, which is far below what I was lead to believe was the norm and the indicator switch is on the wrong side !!!! but you get use to that. B)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hey Hey Hey!!! i just cant believe what you have to say.Okay the santro was better than the Xing but some like the xing too much.....and talking about getz...well there are so many things to say about her.If you were to compare fiat paloi nv,ople corsa sail big daddy ford focus and the new hyundai getz.....well by far getz gets to the top slot,even fuel economywise.Its a different thing that you hate HYUNDAI but brother why not come to the facts! Hyundai can make a** kicking cars like the Sonata V6...Its equally good compared to honda accord but a hp more powerful than her.
As far as the indian road conditions go,methinks hyundai has made a sensible move by launching the getz in a market loose oomph..

·
Registered
422 Posts
Face the fact mate, you bought a Hyundai, not a bloody Mercedes Benz.
What the bloody **** do you expect.

Jimji.......you are a dickhead!!! :rolleyes:

If you don't like the cars within this forum, then do us all a favour and do not contribute!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Originally posted by Dr. Hundi@Nov 14 2004, 01:06 PM
Face the fact mate, you bought a Hyundai, not a bloody Mercedes Benz.
What the bloody **** do you expect.

Jimji.......you are a dickhead!!! :rolleyes:

If you don't like the cars within this forum, then do us all a favour and do not contribute!
[snapback]2738[/snapback]​

Bro blame the lame roads in your country :p ... GETZ is an excellent car for it's price and why don't you just check out what others gotta say about the GETZ..

·
Registered
35 Posts
Originally posted by mini_getz@Nov 15 2004, 03:07 PM
Bro blame the lame roads in your country :p ... GETZ is an excellent car for it's price and why don't you just check out what others gotta say about the GETZ..
[snapback]2771[/snapback]​

i got u bro....

·
Registered
1 Posts
I really hope Jimji did not buy the Getz. He doesn't deserve it! :angry:

I've just bought my first car - a Hyundai Getz! and I've never looked back. I know it's only been 3 months but compared to the car I was driving previously - a Holden Commodore, it's much more fuel efficient. True that it's not as powerful as the Commodore.. but hey... I travel 80km's a day going to work.... I was spending close to $80 a week!!! Now I barely spend half of that. I'd much rather pay less and drive a small and not so powerful car than drive a powerful car that EATS petrol!! :D

And hey... Its so comfortable to drive. The handling is great, I can listen to my mp3 discs...

And.... I dont care what you say Jimji says... The Getz is a very good looking car...

Jimji.. I really hope you get a bloody life. Why spend time whinging about a car that you clearly haven't bought. Because if you had bought it.. you would've experienced the Getz first hand and wouldnt be whinging about it.....

I have a life... that's why I bought the Getz... cos there are better ways to spend my money instead of forking out on petrol....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts