Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I have a getz 1.5CRDI, started giving me trouble about 4 months ago and for the last month no luck on it running at all. The Key recognition is fine, Injectors are fine, Head Fuel pump fine, pump from the tank fine and the glow plugs are fine.

Basically the engine just swings ( Turns ) and then it doesnt start.

Any one can help, it would be much appreciated.

I miss my getz!!

Regards,

Dave
[email protected]

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,

I can offer no help as I have a similar problem...

I've a 1.5 crtd Getz (04 model)

When it was quite new (<15K miles) it developed a fault where by it would start fine, but there was no power and wouldn't rev above 2k rpm.
Once it was up to operating temp, I could switch the engine off and it would then start normally.

In it went to Hyundai who gave it back to me saying they'd fixed it, but it wasn't. This happened three times (they didn't understand it was intermittent and that it had to cool right down before the problem would appear again, even though I told them explicitly every time it went in!) before it came back sorted, but I knew they didn't actually know what they'd done to fix it.

Fast forward a couple of years and the problem occurred again; by now I'd moved so it went to my new local Hyundai dealer and I got an almost exact repeat of the first dealer
(i.e. them not listening to my description, them saying it was fixed several time when it wasn't, before they fixed it without knowing what the issue was!)

The problem has now occurred again but I'm no longer under warranty, however I've previously been able to manage the problem (never do short journeys etc) but this time it's getting worse (even when up to temperature it's not re-starting properly) and last night (it was very cold) it wouldn't start after work (Would turn over but not start!).

Anyone any ideas?

Sorry for the hi-jack by the way.

·
Registered
1 Posts
QUOTE (David Schultz @ Nov 11 2010, 03:33 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=370790
Hi Everyone,

I have a getz 1.5CRDI, started giving me trouble about 4 months ago and for the last month no luck on it running at all. The Key recognition is fine, Injectors are fine, Head Fuel pump fine, pump from the tank fine and the glow plugs are fine.

Basically the engine just swings ( Turns ) and then it doesnt start.

Any one can help, it would be much appreciated.

I miss my getz!!

Regards,

Dave
[email protected]
Hi Dave

I have a similar problem on my Getz. What i find is when i clamp the return pipe from th efuel filter housin to the tank, she starts fine. But Hyundai dealers cannot tell me what the problem is. If you find anything please let me know.

Thanks
Ray
[email protected]

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Ray,

Thanks so much, at least i know im not the only one.

hyundai here in Pretoria (RSA) are having a look at it, it could be the Computer box of the getz, losing power because the Engine needs alot of current to start. Im waiting for them to get back to me , as soon as i hear something i will let you know as well.

Regards,

David

1 - 4 of 4 Posts