Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know any good places or suggestions for these sort of performance mods for a hyundai Getz 1.6 sport. Also welcome suggestions of any other modifications :)

cheers

·
Registered
422 Posts
Have you explored your suspension upgrades???

With the correct ride height, spring rate, correct shock absorbers and modified bump stop height, these cars should handle unreal!!

For one particular reason....do you know why???

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Hey Tartan!
Despite the fact that they are located in Australia, many of us in the Hyundai community obtain our tuning/mods. etc. here :-

http://www.performancestylingcentre.com.au/

The owner, Bretton Coghlan, is a great bloke, air parcel is not too expensive, the £ is strong against the AU$ & you quite often avoid duty/v.a.t. when things come in by post!!.

Happy Hogmanay!
Nick. :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by Dr. Hundi@Dec 31 2004, 11:43 AM
For one particular reason....do you know why???
[snapback]4233[/snapback]​

I'm not too sure? dont know a great deal about my car actually, cheers for the response.

Thanks i will check out that site looking and a happy new year to you to

What sort of suspension kit is it you can get for the gets?

·
Registered
422 Posts
If you notice where your wheels are located, you will find that they are positioned rather close to the outer limits of your vehicles length.
Meaning that your rear wheel is positioned almost at the complete rear of the car and the front is almost at the front most part of the front of the car.

Without going into loads of detail, your vehicle will handle a **** of alot better than say that of an accent.
Due to the fact that your wheels are at the outer most part of the car, and there is no weight put forward of the front or rear wheels on braking or acceleration.
Also the fact that the vehicle is by no means long, the base of the vehicle is quite firm.
In theory your car should handle like it is on rails, even moreso with a kickarse suspension system tucked up in the gaurds.

But keep in mind, this will be not much advantage to you if you are not the "race", type of person.
If you would like some more stability whilst you are leaning really hard on the car through the twisty bits, build up the suspension system, as a decent suspension package makes the most out of what your car already has.
You donot realise how much fun you can have with your standard car when you can push it as hard as you can and can use the brakes to their full advantage.

It's great fun, you should try it sometime!!! :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh believe me if have pushed the getz far and beyond on the roads of Scotland (some of the best roads in the world IMO) and it is so much fun and no stranger to the race track.

I'd just like the handling to be improved because i can perform better than the car it seems, want to stiffen up the suspension as it can feel a little rolly polly chassis, would like to further embaress bigger and suposedly better cars.

Do you know what type of suspension the getz has? not lookin for a specific make

·
Registered
22 Posts
QUOTE (VALKYRIE YB70 @ Dec 31 2004, 09:05 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=4250
Hey Tartan!
Despite the fact that they are located in Australia, many of us in the Hyundai community obtain our tuning/mods. etc. here :-

http://www.performancestylingcentre.com.au/

The owner, Bretton Coghlan, is a great bloke, air parcel is not too expensive, the £ is strong against the AU$ & you quite often avoid duty/v.a.t. when things come in by post!!.

Happy Hogmanay!
Nick. :)
Nick

What did the Ecotech unit do ie any noticeable improvement

1 - 7 of 7 Posts