Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

First time poster and I need your help.

Can anyone tell me how to change the bulb in a Getz's high level brake light?

I've come across various responses to the same problem on other forums, stating such things as..."Its a sealed unit, so go back to your Hyundai dealer" or "its LED's so the whole unit needs changing" .

However it looks to me like a normal single reflected bulb inside, however there's no info in the manual on how to change it...

All Help appreciated.

Many thanks....

Steve.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The Getz high level brake light uses a large cap less bulb and not L.E.D's. To remove the white plastic cover to access the bulb, open the tailgate and push the cover down ( away from the screen ). The cover is located on two ball and socket type clips and is quite tight. You may need to prise it either side with a couple of screwdrivers, and it will come off quite suddenly !. Twist the bulb holder to remove it from the lamp unit then pull out the bulb. A good tip is to look on an auction site at high level brake light units for sale, and you will be able to see the sockets that the pegs on the cover locate into. This will give you a further idea as to where they're located, and where you need to prise the cover.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts