Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi every one I'm new to this forum how are you all doin.
Right I have a big prob with my Getz.
I have a 1.1 gsi 2005 Getz and the prob is, when we are driving down the motorway say like 60mph sometimes it starts shaking like mad and will not go any faster,so what we have to do is work our way down the Gears and then back up.
Has any one heard of this or what could it be???
Thanks alot
Jake

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Right I have done a search on here about vibration and found out it could be wheel balance but that wouldn't stop it going any faster would it???

·
1,462 Posts
QUOTE (Jake morries @ Oct 19 2010, 01:59 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=364554
Hi every one I'm new to this forum how are you all doin.
Right I have a big prob with my Getz.
I have a 1.1 gsi 2005 Getz and the prob is, when we are driving down the motorway say like 60mph sometimes it starts shaking like mad and will not go any faster,so what we have to do is work our way down the Gears and then back up.
Has any one heard of this or what could it be???
Thanks alot
Jake

I would first check all w wheels/tyres balancing before anything else. Any vibration or shaking at "specific speed ranges" means something is coming into "resonation". 99% of the times is one or both front tyres that are out of balance or even deformed from bumps or potholes.

Robert B

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
But would that cause it to stop accelerating. When it shakes what ever speed you are at, it won't go any faster, you then have to drop down in gears for it to stop and then work your way back up gears

·
1,462 Posts
QUOTE (Jake morries @ Oct 21 2010, 03:07 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=365208
But would that cause it to stop accelerating. When it shakes what ever speed you are at, it won't go any faster, you then have to drop down in gears for it to stop and then work your way back up gears

That is a very valid question. Let's go back to square 1.

Does the shaking is felt MAINLY through the steering wheel, or is it more of an engine / chasis shake?

If the shaking is from out of balance wheels/tyres, then it is felt mainly on the steering wheel and should not affect engine performance. On the other hand, if the shaking is felt like severe engine hesitation, speed and performance drops and only when slowing down and accelerating again, the car resumes normal behavior, then I would suspect some fuel delivery issues, probably related to malfunctioning (semi-clogged) fuel injectors. Sometimes can be from malfunctioning sensors (air mass flow, fuel temperature, air temperature, etc.)

If this is the case, a HIscan check will reveal any ecm error and pinpoint with precision all probable causes for engine misfiring.

Robert B.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts