Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1


Hi all Getz owners,

I am from Singapore and new to this forum !

I have just purchased a new Hyundai Getz 1.3 GLS automatic. Can anyone tell me what is the fuel consumption in normal city traffic condition as well as on the expressway ?

As petrol prices are very expensive in Singapore, would also like to know how can I increase the power of this car without increasing fuel consumption ? Please help, thank you !

I love my new Getz !

Rgds,
:rolleyes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
316 Posts
:( All I can say say is that the 1300 is not the most economical engine out there, but on the freeway/motorway, it is as good as any other and better than most in its class, but personly urban wise it is not very good, in fact a big dissapointment in my eyes :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by Fibrokid@Oct 4 2004, 03:09 PM
:(  All I can say say is that the 1300 is not the most economical engine out there, but on the freeway/motorway, it is as good as any other and better than most in its class, but personly urban wise it is not very good, in fact a big dissapointment in my eyes  :(
[snapback]1487[/snapback]​



Hi,

Thanks for the comments. What is the fuel consumption of your 1300 Getz on the freeway/motorway ?

Do you have any idea what should be the ideal fuel consumption for an ecomical 1300 cc engine automatic car ?

Rgds,
:rolleyes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
316 Posts
Hi double,

According to Hyundai the 1300 Automatic should get about 31 MPG urban and 50MPG motorway/freeway. I get about 25/27MPG urban and about 44/47 motorway/freeway and I am far from being a boy racer, I have just sent away for mod chip to fit on the Getz, which is supposed to give you more power and better FC, you can read about it in Getzclub.com, you will also find lots more information there relating to the Getz.

All the best Fibrokid
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi double,

According to Hyundai the 1300 Automatic should get about 31 MPG urban and 50MPG motorway/freeway. I get about 25/27MPG urban and about 44/47 motorway/freeway and I am far from being a boy racer, I have just sent away for mod chip to fit on the Getz, which is supposed to give you more power and better FC, you can read about it in Getzclub.com, you will also find lots more information there relating to the Getz.

All the best Fibrokid



Hi Fibrokid,

Thank you very much for your feedback and info.

Rgds,
:rolleyes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Hi double,

According to Hyundai the 1300 Automatic should get about 31 MPG urban and 50MPG motorway/freeway. I get about 25/27MPG urban and about 44/47 motorway/freeway and I am far from being a boy racer, I have just sent away for mod chip to fit on the Getz, which is supposed to give you more power and better FC, you can read about it in Getzclub.com, you will also find lots more information there relating to the Getz.

All the best Fibrokid
Hi Fibrokid,

Thank you very much for your feedback and info.

Rgds,
:rolleyes:
[snapback]1558[/snapback]​
Hope this helps,

since 40 - 540 miles have done the following on a combined cycle (50:50) in a 1.6 sport keeping the revs below 3krpm (eco driving run in).

28.7 (US) mpg = 8.19 lp100k = 34.47 (IMP) mpg = 12.20 kmpl

FC is a poor but looking to offset by getting the revs up as out of ruin in sooooooon.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
35 Posts
Originally posted by HyPer@Oct 26 2004, 11:23 PM
Hope this helps,

since 40 - 540 miles have done the following on a combined cycle (50:50) in a 1.6 sport keeping the revs below 3krpm (eco driving run in).

28.7 (US) mpg = 8.19 lp100k = 34.47 (IMP) mpg = 12.20 kmpl

FC is a poor but looking to offset by getting the revs up as out of ruin in sooooooon.
[snapback]2036[/snapback]​


normal should be aroung 8.8 litres per 100km...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
316 Posts
Hi Wisely, I would have thought that you would have found this web-site before now, seeing that you have been a member of Getz.com since February, also I see from your profile that you have changed your Getz from a 1.3A to a 1.3GL, is that correct :eek: if so what are the benefits, I had an option of the GLS & CDX, which here in the UK are a completley different car as far as standard equipment goes, the CDX is by far the better option :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
35 Posts
Originally posted by Fibrokid@Nov 30 2004, 07:58 AM
Hi Wisely, I would have thought that you would have found this web-site before now, seeing that you have been a member of Getz.com since February, also I see from your profile that you have changed your Getz from a 1.3A to a 1.3GL, is that correct :eek: if so what are the benefits, I had an option of the GLS & CDX, which here in the UK are a completley different car as far as standard equipment goes, the CDX is by far the better option :)
[snapback]3147[/snapback]​


hi Fibrokid...

sorry for not stated my Getz version clearly,
actually mine is 1.3GL (A) A=Auto transmission...
but in getzclub.com we stated 1.3A lah, cos we wanna differetiate A & M auto and manual...

in Malaysia we only have GL version in Singaore only have GLS version, that's why i stated like that...
so internation site i stated GL to clear my status lah...
thanks... u do a lot of homework checking me ya... :D
take care...
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top