Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I'm new here sorry if I make any mistakes in this post I'm just trying to figure something out.
So I have a 2008 Hyundai getz crdi 1.5liter and I've recently installed a pod filter.
Now I can hear the turbo but I always thought the turbo doesn't make any air release noices (I don't know what it's called sorry) until you let go of the gas but mine actually makes that noice when it passes 2000rpm and again at about 2400rpm and you don't hear the turbo spooling up anymore after that.
Is this normal or should I consult a mechanic?
Ps sorry for my spelling I'm from Belgium learning English as I go thanks for reading!

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
I don't usually mess with those things but to comment it may just be the extra noise you can now hear because of the pod filter. That's why their illegal in most countries. Heck I'm of English decent and still can't spell.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't usually mess with those things but to comment it may just be the extra noise you can now hear because of the pod filter. That's why their illegal in most countries. Heck I'm of English decent and still can't spell.
Thanks for the reply I'll just think it's normal from now on ans hope for the best haha

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here's a picture for anyone interested
And yes I do know it doesn't help any performance I enjoy the sound and the thing cost me like €15

Attachments

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Is the irony intentional?
Nope. As a kid I got regular floggings from the English Master. I never saw it as a priority and even now after years of working in a ESL area realise the most important thing with communication is not how the work is spelt but can you understand it.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
One class I taught for quiet a few years was an automotive refresher aimed at migrant mechanics to gain Australian qualifications. That's where I gained many of my skills. It was probably my most satisfying groups to teach.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Pablotf where i can buy this filter?? You have link for buy??
Well I bought it off of wish tbh just to know what it'd sound like but turns out the filter is really a filter and I for once wasn't dissapointed by wish
💰 Look what I found on Wish! I'm giving you €5 off your first purchase with code: qbxdqrp

·
Registered
8 Posts
Slots right into your factory airhose straight past the sensor so youre good
Do you mean the one that comes out after the intercooler or the one that goes down through the turbo before reaching the intercooler?

Will I only need the bov or some hose to adapt?

This picture airhose last of intercooler

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Do you mean the one that comes out after the intercooler or the one that goes down through the turbo before reaching the intercooler?

Will I only need the bov or some hose to adapt?

This picture airhose last of intercooler
View attachment 452253
I took out my airbox like the factory airfilter and placed it in there just take the top off and take the filter out ans stick the thing where you took the box out off

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
No no, i talk about a bov (blow off valve), not about air flow

I would like to see a video of your turbo sound only with air flow...

·
Registered
8 Posts
I think it is impossible that you can have a turbo sound only with air flow, since you do not have blow off which is to release air presion.. and even when the turbo is small at low pressure

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I think it is impossible that you can have a turbo sound only with air flow, since you do not have blow off which is to release air presion.. and even when the turbo is small at low pressure
Hold up I'mma try and get some sound lol

·
Registered
8 Posts
I already bought the air flow, I have to wait 2 weeks for it to arrive home..

Yes, you can post video here

1 - 20 of 24 Posts