Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<span style="font-family:Arial Black">I just purchased a 2006 getz 1.6L. The alarm keeps going off it has gone off about 7 times today. Usually not too long after i lock the car.
The dealer has been good about , and told me to bring it back down if it does it again. WHen i took it down , just my luck the alarm never went off.

I just want to know if anyone else has experienced this problem with the alarm going off for no reason and what the cause was.

Im beginning to regret buying this car!

If someone could please reply asap that would be great. Thanks :grin:

Thanks,</span>

·
1,462 Posts
QUOTE (getz_em @ Jun 16 2010, 05:31 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=333376
<span style="font-family:Arial Black">I just purchased a 2006 getz 1.6L. The alarm keeps going off it has gone off about 7 times today. Usually not too long after i lock the car.
The dealer has been good about , and told me to bring it back down if it does it again. WHen i took it down , just my luck the alarm never went off.

I just want to know if anyone else has experienced this problem with the alarm going off for no reason and what the cause was.

Im beginning to regret buying this car!

If someone could please reply asap that would be great. Thanks :grin:

Thanks,</span>

Is it the original factory installed alarm? If so, then the only things that can trigger it off are the switches at doors, bonnet and boot. There is no shock (movement) sensor in the factory alarm.

So, if after checking all six switches they are all OK, it means at least one cable that goes to one of this switches is shorted to ground somewhere.

I would suspect the bonnet (engine hood) switch as the most likely to short out.

Robert B.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
QUOTE (Robert B. @ Jun 18 2010, 11:21 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=334101
Is it the original factory installed alarm? If so, then the only things that can trigger it off are the switches at doors, bonnet and boot. There is no shock (movement) sensor in the factory alarm.

So, if after checking all six switches they are all OK, it means at least one cable that goes to one of this switches is shorted to ground somewhere.

I would suspect the bonnet (engine hood) switch as the most likely to short out.

Robert B.

Hi, Thanks for your reply.Yes, my alarm is a factory hyundai alarm. I found out that my car had previously been in an accident before i bought it and 1 of the little rubber bits under the bonnet were missing. So that is why the car alarm kept going off. Just waiting on the replacement part now. Hopefully that is what the problem is!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts