Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys and Gals,

justgot a 2004 (54) 1.6 Sport Getz,
the car was a pre reg so could not get the exact bits I wanted.

What I need to know is this,

Q1 is lowered suspension better for ride handling or should I consider Eibach spring kit?

Q2 go for Hyundai body kit or better alternative?

Q3 what engine mods can be made as I have seen reports of Aus turbocharged car and interested in subtle warranty safe upgrades at moment.

Cheers...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Isn't the Eibach spring kit the same thing as lowered suspension (springs) from Hyundai, except Hyundais is warranty safe? As you'll have felt the handling on the standard suspension is quite sporty. Lowering the car using either kit will stiffen the suspension more to make up for the reduced travel. It should also improve the handling and turn in due to the way the standard suspension is designed.

Remember to get your tracking adjusted afterwards though!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks,

will investigate further and look to book in for the warranty safe option unless there is a real benefit from the eibach kit.

BTW took delivery yesterday of my 2004 Getz 1.6 Sport in silver, was gonna go mean black, but needs adds on for my site and I dont have a lot of time to keep washing it ;-)

Will post piccys soon and looking to do a dedicated site showing modifications as and when they happen. At present looking at keeping external subtle upgraded rubber, slight tint, bulb mods and stock body kit, lowering alternative front brake discs (biggest I can squeeze in stock alloys), SS exhaust, air intakes, uprated sparks etc.

I am going to try and work through as warranty wear runs out on items.

Any other suggestions?

Danny

·
Registered
316 Posts
;) Five year warranty !!!! :angry: I have been considering the same, except I was going to install a piggy-back chip (ECU) to give an extra 35 BHP, but then I had to consider warranty and I had to think again, I am now left with a afore mentioned in the glove box and stuck in limbo. :unsure:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by Fibrokid@Oct 21 2004, 02:44 PM
;)  Five year warranty !!!! :angry: I have been considering the same, except I was going to install a piggy-back chip (ECU) to give an extra 35 BHP, but then I had to consider warranty and I had to think again, I am now left with a afore mentioned in the glove box and stuck in limbo. :unsure:
[snapback]1908[/snapback]​

****!

could do with those extra horsies...

300 miles in and engine starting to loosen up, getting more torquie in the 2500 - 3500 range (I am trying to keep under 3000 honest ;-)).

Cant wait to start upping to see what the powerband is like between 3000 and 6000.

Anyone have a torque map for the 1.6 DOHC engine?

Danny

1 - 6 of 6 Posts