Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a workshop manual for my 3-door Getz. The only one I managed to find is for the 5 door, so there are several differences such as the rear speakers, which is what I'm trying to install.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm looking for a workshop manual for my 3-door Getz. The only one I managed to find is for the 5 door, so there are several differences such as the rear speakers, which is what I'm trying to install.
I'm hoping this bumps this up because I need the same thing for the same reason.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
16,972 Posts
There aren't different manuals for 3 & 5 door models which is why the OP was having trouble finding one specifically for a 3 door model.

I assume the speakers are behind the rear 1/4 trims? I think those trims are just secured with clips so they will just pry off. But you'll need to remove the parts that are fitted on top of the 1/4 trim first. It's years since I've worked on a 3 door Getz (mines was a 5 door) but I think you'll need to remove the inner sill/scuff plate trims (plastic rivets) and the front & rear seatbelt lower anchor bolts.

·
Registered
23 Posts
There aren't different manuals for 3 & 5 door models which is why the OP was having trouble finding one specifically for a 3 door model.

I assume the speakers are behind the rear 1/4 trims? I think those trims are just secured with clips so they will just pry off. But you'll need to remove the parts that are fitted on top of the 1/4 trim first. It's years since I've worked on a 3 door Getz (mines was a 5 door) but I think you'll need to remove the inner sill/scuff plate trims (plastic rivets) and the front & rear seatbelt lower anchor bolts.
Yeah I think you're right. I think the seat itself has to come out too. Probably too much of a PITA to bother with.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Well yeah for a mum who knows nothing about cars whatsoever. It was a big deal for me to get the front panels off and change the speakers.
It's just a runabout for my son so it's not a big deal if he doesn't have rear speakers.
Maybe we'll get to it one day.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts