Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am now still evaluating whether to get Getz1.6 or Matrix1.6. :(
Based on your experience/knowledge, I need your advise what are the advantages between Getz 1.6 & Matrix 1.6(in terms of performance, fuel consumption, reliability, etc)? The prices are almost the same in Malaysia. 73K for Getz & 72K for Matrix. ;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sporty – Getz
Speedy – Getz
FC Low – Getz

Roomy – Matrix
Steady – matrix
FC High – Matrix ( as is a 1.3 tone car)

For me if given a choice i choose matrix, because of the roomy feel.
FC, it depends how you drive, some ith full tank can go up to 400 to 500 km. but average is about 300 to 400 km.

If you are family man or going to be, matrix is your choice
if you are out going type, matrix is your choice

Getz for Rm73000 I will go for Vios.

Getz and Matrix I will go for Matrix

Originally posted by mnizam@Sep 29 2004, 06:36 PM
I am now still evaluating whether to get Getz1.6 or Matrix1.6.  :(
Based on your experience/knowledge, I need your advise what are the advantages between Getz 1.6 & Matrix 1.6(in terms of performance, fuel consumption, reliability, etc)?  The prices are almost the same in Malaysia.  73K for Getz & 72K for Matrix. ;)
[snapback]1358[/snapback]​

·
Registered
6 Posts
Zam
Suggest kau beli Matrix. Sure tak regret. Minyak memang kuat sikit compare to Getz. Tapi dia more stable bila high speed. 100km/h senafas aje. Top speed aku dah try till 165km/h masih steady. Tapi bila reach 170km/h. Ada vibration sikit.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by Azarudin@Oct 12 2004, 09:04 AM
Zam
Suggest kau beli Matrix. Sure tak regret. Minyak memang kuat sikit compare to Getz. Tapi dia more stable bila high speed. 100km/h senafas aje. Top speed aku dah try till 165km/h masih steady. Tapi bila reach 170km/h. Ada vibration sikit.
[snapback]1683[/snapback]​

Din,

From your experience, full tank boleh travel berapa jauh?
Of course this is very subjective. Maybe boleh bagi average.. or travelling at 100km/h. Harga minyak asyik naik je sekarang ni.

55L x RM1.42 = RM78.10.. banyak tu.. :unsure:
maybe next year boleh reach RM2/liter.. :(

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Guys,

Please use English only so that member from other countries can read your post :D .

·
Registered
21 Posts
Originally posted by mnizam@Oct 13 2004, 11:08 PM
Din,

From your experience, full tank boleh travel berapa jauh?
Of course this is very subjective.  Maybe boleh bagi average.. or travelling at 100km/h.  Harga minyak asyik naik je sekarang ni. 

55L x RM1.42 =  RM78.10.. banyak tu..  :unsure:
maybe next year boleh reach RM2/liter..  :(
[snapback]1733[/snapback]​

Can't understand wat u murmuring about............ but RM2/liter is still cheaper than SGD1.60/liter! Lucky you! :unsure:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by cherry@Oct 29 2004, 05:25 AM
Can't understand wat u murmuring about............ but RM2/liter is still cheaper than SGD1.60/liter! Lucky you! :unsure:
[snapback]2131[/snapback]​

Cannot compare like that maaa.... :eek: If your salary in Singapore ~ SDG 4K, when come to Malaysia can get only RM 4K. :unsure: or maybe less :(

·
Registered
35 Posts
Originally posted by mnizam@Sep 30 2004, 09:36 AM
I am now still evaluating whether to get Getz1.6 or Matrix1.6.  :(
Based on your experience/knowledge, I need your advise what are the advantages between Getz 1.6 & Matrix 1.6(in terms of performance, fuel consumption, reliability, etc)?  The prices are almost the same in Malaysia.  73K for Getz & 72K for Matrix. ;)
[snapback]1358[/snapback]​

well, it is really hard to compare with the 2 types of car, remember 2 types.

here we know that the Matrix in malaysia no longer with the brand of Hyundai, but Inokom, it is CKD version in Malaysia, but the other hand the Hyundai Getz is CBU units and still bear the Logo of Hyundai.

1.) the CKD and CBU version, normally we can say that the CBU version always better than the CKD version, but this is not 100% true. and all depend on your personal preference.

2.) the getz 1.6GL (A) and Inokom Matrix 1.6GLS (A)
of course interm of the accs. the Matrix win hands down, with alot of accs, and the specs of the 1.8 feature, like computer trip meter, arm rest, it is really movolus for the price only MYR73000 and comes with the Air-Bag and ABS too, the engine capacity is same and the gear box is same(? am i right?). and dun forget the Matrix is way much more bigger than hyundai getz, if u r family man, this is a most avantage and u can almost ignore the FC is in higher side. pls remember the Pinin Farina badge, yes matrix is design from the work shop of pinin farina. work shop that design for ferrary...

3.) the FC concern, of course the Matrix will be higher for the FC, it is around RM50-350km or 10/100km+- the FC is really depend n your driving style, the more agreesive u drive, the FC will be higher lah... sorry, please dun compare with Toyota Vios/hondat City, this is totally out of topic, because the chassis of the Matrix is way heavier than the vios/city. the other hand the Hyundai Getz, of course the chassis is lighter than Matrix so the FC is much more better, and it is around 8L/100km. do u know that the little small getz is heavier than vios/city? can't believe? u may do ur research.

4.) comfortable - the Matrix win hands down, because of the multilink for the rear stabilizer system, it is better for the long journey and and comfortable, it is not saying that the getz is not comfortable, but the matrix can give u more the confidence of driving, i own a hyundai getz1.3 i manage to clock the highest speed of 170km/h, some of my friends even can clocked 190km/h, unbeliavble.

5.) Stylish, both are nice, depend on your eyes, of course getz is much more cute lah, and matrix is for family man look, steady and smart.

so, it is better u buy matrix for family use, and getz for working use, nice man, u have both the world. but tell u frankly the Inokom Matrix is value of money, right now, cos next year the car will be increased the price, grab it now!!!

if u concern that the FC / fule price too high and better save money to buy city/vios, let me explain to u...

if the matrix fuel consumption is high than vios/city 20% mean that u have to pump the petrol for vios/city RM300 then matrix RM360, more than RM60 permoth RM720 per year, if u drive this matrix for ten year then only RM7200, sum up the car price = RM80000 only, still way cheaper than City/Vios(G) RM5k, but do remember u have a bigger engine capacity, and the roomy interior.

how about it? think wisely, and spend your money wisely...
cheers...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sporty – Getz
Speedy – Getz
FC Low – Getz
Roomy – Matrix
Steady – matrix
FC, it depends how you drive, some ith full tank can go up to 400 to 500 km. but average is about 300 to 400 km.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sporty – Getz
Speedy – Getz
FC Low – Getz
Roomy – Matrix
Steady – matrix

The pros and cons are Ok, but: I´ve made with a Matrix 1.6 with full tank for approx. 800 kms. And that on the german highways. I can´t think of having a fuel consumption thats higher than 8,5 liters per 100 km.

·
Registered
21 Posts
For once, I did it. Full tank @ 700km city driving in Singapore !!!
Approximately 12.5 km/litre

How?
1. No air con.
2. Avoid fast acceleration
3. Avoid speeding (not more than 90km)
4. Clear your boot
5. Avoid extra bagage (ie. Friends asking for a lift) :lol:

Cheers and happy savings

·
Registered
21 Posts
Originally posted by wisely@Nov 30 2004, 06:13 PM
well, it is really hard to compare with the 2 types of car, remember 2 types.

here we know that the Matrix in malaysia no longer with the brand of Hyundai, but Inokom, it is CKD version in Malaysia, but the other hand the Hyundai Getz is CBU units and still bear the Logo of Hyundai.

1.) the CKD and CBU version, normally we can say that the CBU version always better than the CKD version, but this is not 100% true. and all depend on your personal preference.

2.) the getz 1.6GL (A) and Inokom Matrix 1.6GLS (A)
of course interm of the accs. the Matrix win hands down, with alot of accs, and the specs of the 1.8 feature, like computer trip meter, arm rest, it is really movolus for the price only MYR73000 and comes with the Air-Bag and ABS too, the engine capacity is same and the gear box is same(? am i right?). and dun forget the Matrix is way much more bigger than hyundai getz, if u r family man, this is a most avantage and u can almost ignore the FC is in higher side. pls remember the Pinin Farina badge, yes matrix is design from the work shop of pinin farina. work shop that design for ferrary...

3.) the FC concern, of course the Matrix will be higher for the FC, it is around RM50-350km or 10/100km+- the FC is really depend n your driving style, the more agreesive u drive, the FC will be higher lah... sorry, please dun compare with Toyota Vios/hondat City, this is totally out of topic, because the chassis of the Matrix is way heavier than the vios/city. the other hand the Hyundai Getz, of course the chassis is lighter than Matrix so the FC is much more better, and it is around 8L/100km. do u know that the little small getz is heavier than vios/city? can't believe? u may do ur research.

4.) comfortable - the Matrix win hands down, because of the multilink for the rear stabilizer system, it is better for the long journey and and comfortable, it is not saying that the getz is not comfortable, but the matrix can give u more the confidence of driving, i own a hyundai getz1.3 i manage to clock the highest speed of 170km/h, some of my friends even can clocked 190km/h, unbeliavble.

5.) Stylish, both are nice, depend on your eyes, of course getz is much more cute lah, and matrix is for family man look, steady and smart.

so, it is better u buy matrix for family use, and getz for working use, nice man, u have both the world. but tell u frankly the Inokom Matrix is value of money, right now, cos next year the car will be increased the price, grab it now!!!

if u concern that the FC / fule price too high and better save money to buy city/vios, let me explain to u...

if the matrix fuel consumption is high than vios/city 20% mean that u have to pump the petrol for vios/city RM300 then matrix RM360, more than RM60 permoth RM720 per year, if u drive this matrix for ten year then only RM7200, sum up the car price = RM80000 only, still way cheaper than City/Vios(G) RM5k, but do remember u have a bigger engine capacity, and the roomy interior.

how about it? think wisely, and spend your money wisely...
cheers...
[snapback]3158[/snapback]​

Anyone tried driving the Vios or City at 120kph - try it.

Its like an aeroplane preparing for take off.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Originally posted by Asingh@Jan 3 2005, 07:27 PM

[snapback]4375[/snapback]​

Vios is paper weight approx 900kg
but worst still our babe is overweight 1.3 tone
LOL

·
Registered
35 Posts
Originally posted by Asingh@Jan 4 2005, 11:27 AM

[snapback]4375[/snapback]​

i have one Toyota Vios and one Hyundai getz, yes it is true, the vios can give the power of acceralate but it is really not so stable for highspeed crusing, and i can say that it is not as good as a getz, :) the FC and acceralate of the Vios is way better than getz 1.3A lah...

1.5litres engine generate 109bhp, is good lah
while our getz is only 1341cc generate 82bhp...
and since the 1.5 monster with vvt-i technology, of course FC is better...
but i still enjoy to ride a getz lah...
but for a family man, i think the matrix is much more better, even the FC is in highside, but family is much more important than the few bucks more for the petrol... the matrix can provide very comfortable riding if 5 passanger in the car...

cheers...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts