Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have installed a 1.4L Getz motor (build date 10/2006) into a Lotus 7 replica Clubman. It runs OK but it is bringing up the following Diagnostic Trouble Codes:
P0000
P0036
C2010

What are the likely causes of those DTC's ? If there are a range of causes, we would appreciate if you would spell them all out.

I have seen excellent responses to similar questions by members like Robert B. and Veteran and would love to hear from them. You can be as technical as you wish.
Thanks
Bruce

·
1,462 Posts
QUOTE (Goldun42 @ Sep 22 2010, 03:21 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=357939
We have installed a 1.4L Getz motor (build date 10/2006) into a Lotus 7 replica Clubman. It runs OK but it is bringing up the following Diagnostic Trouble Codes:
P0000
P0036
C2010

What are the likely causes of those DTC's ? If there are a range of causes, we would appreciate if you would spell them all out.

I have seen excellent responses to similar questions by members like Robert B. and Veteran and would love to hear from them. You can be as technical as you wish.
Thanks
Bruce
P0036 = ho2s sensor, bank1, sensor2 (It is related to error code coming from heated O2 sensor on the front side and rear side of catalytic converter.

P0000 = There is no reference in service manual. I believe this code does not exist.

C2010= Also, no reference in service manual, but the "C" refers to something related to the chasis.

Robert B.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Robert B.

The codes I quoted were given by an "Automotive Electrician" ! ! who plugged into the OBD data-link connector with his own Code Reader. Whether his Code Reader was a Getz specific one, or just a generic one, we don't know.

His verbal report (for a $45 fee) was:
P0036....Heater Control Circuit Bank 1 Sensor 1...... Pretty much as you have said Robert.
P0000....Fuel Volume Regulator Circuit OPEN ....... My research agrees with yours that P0000 is meaningless. Must have meant P0001
C2010....EGR Bypass Valve Control Circuit HIGH..... I can't find that Code either, but we will look at the EGR system anyway.

I have done a lot of research on the web and got more of a handle on the scope of the problems, but if you want to add more advice, we are willing and happy to take it on-board.

Bruce

1 - 3 of 3 Posts