Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I've had this issue with my Getz for a few months now and I've taken it to 5 different mechanics and no one seems to know what the issue is. Each time I try to turn on the car, it's as if the battery is completely dead, so I have to jump start it. I've changed the battery 3 times already and nothing seems to work. It's as if there's something killing the batter each time. Any advice?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hi there,

I've had this issue with my Getz for a few months now and I've taken it to 5 different mechanics and no one seems to know what the issue is. Each time I try to turn on the car, it's as if the battery is completely dead, so I have to jump start it. I've changed the battery 3 times already and nothing seems to work. It's as if there's something killing the batter each time. Any advice?

Thanks in advance
Have the mechanics checked over the alternator? You say it seems as if it kills the battery, what if the battery is being charged by the alternator? Just a guess ?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2007 Honda CRV
4,589 Posts
If there is an issue starting car after it has been sitting quite a while
Then there is a possibility of a parasitic drain
It can lower the battery capacity to hold a charge
And require jump starting each time

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sorry, I don't know anything about cars, so wasn't sure how much info was too much or too little. Ok all the things checked/replaced:

- Alternator replaced
- Parasitic Drain checked
- Spark plugs replaced
- 3 new batteries replaced (all brand new, all in the same month)
- immobilizer checked
- timing belts changed
- serpentine belts changed

it's basically a brand new car under the hood!

Is that enough info?

·
Registered
2007 Honda CRV
4,589 Posts
Sorry, I don't know anything about cars, so wasn't sure how much info was too much or too little. Ok all the things checked/replaced:

- Alternator replaced
- Parasitic Drain checked
- Spark plugs replaced
- 3 new batteries replaced (all brand new, all in the same month)
- immobilizer checked
- timing belts changed
- serpentine belts changed

it's basically a brand new car under the hood!

Is that enough info?
Only thing better would be to know how those tests were done.
I would now begin by cleaning battery terminals and battery grounding point at the chassis.
Follow the battery negative cable to the body of car.
Clean the contacts.
Swap the starter relay with another of the relays in the fuse box
Clean the ignition wire that goes from the ignition switch to the starter solenoid
Sometimes the corrosion on the contact is enough to keep it from starting.

The only other thing is to replace the ignition switch (not the ignition lock cylinder)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.