Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys -
Car: 2013 Hyundai Azera 4-door sedan

I recently installed a 3D dash cam and I thought that my sockets would product power even when the engine is off. I needed these cameras especially for when the engine is off. Does anyone know how to get power to maybe one of the sockets?

If not, does anybody have instruction on how to hard wire a Type S 360 dash cam to my Azera?

Any suggestions help...I just want to have power to this camera at all times in case I needit for a break in.

thank you in advance!!!

antonio

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
15,894 Posts
I assume the camera is powered from a USB cable? If so what you need is a "dash cam hard wire kit"...do a search on Amazon.
The hard wire kit allows you to connect the camera directly to the car's fusebox. It also allows you to hide the camera power cable behind the car's interior trims so there are no unsightly cables routing between the windscreen and the dash. It's very easy to install so you shouldn't have any problems doing it DIY. Just make sure you buy one with the correct USB connector to fit your camera. Some cameras require a micro USB (the same connector that older Android phones use), and some need a mini USB.

If I helped you fix it, why not...

Your support is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I assume the camera is powered from a USB cable? If so what you need is a "dash cam hard wire kit"...do a search on Amazon.
The hard wire kit allows you to connect the camera directly to the car's fusebox. It also allows you to hide the camera power cable behind the car's interior trims so there are no unsightly cables routing between the windscreen and the dash. It's very easy to install so you shouldn't have any problems doing it DIY. Just make sure you buy one with the correct USB connector to fit your camera. Some cameras require a micro USB (the same connector that older Android phones use), and some need a mini USB.

Hi!

Thanka for the quick response! The camera is powered by one of those cigarette lighter power outlets not necessarily a USB.The camera came with a hardwire kit so I do have that I was just trying to avoid having to install it to the fuse box.

I was hoping there was a way to get power just to one of my power sockets (which would give power to USB as well) and to the power plug for the camera. Maybe an accessory I could buy or a switch in the fuse box?

if not,I think to hardwire the kit I need to attach the power source to something that gives power 24/7 to the vehicle even with the engine off. Do you know what I could attach it to?

I have been looking online for a video that would hook up my Type S 360 Dash Cam to my 2013 Hyundai Azera but havnt been able to find any how too videos.

I appreciate your time with helping me with something like this!

·
Registered
15,894 Posts
The camera came with a hardwire kit so I do have that I was just trying to avoid having to install it to the fuse box.
It will be simpler to connect the supplied hardwire kit to the fusebox as it would be to modify the car's power socket to make it supply constant power to the camera. You just need to use an "add a circuit" to connect the red wire of the hardware kit to one of the MEMORY fuses on the fusebox. The black wire will just connect to a convenient bolt behind the dash for the ground connection. The hardwire kits you buy for cameras usually come with a few add a circuit connectors in the kit. If your camera didn't come with one you should be able to buy one at any decent parts store, or amazon.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It will be simpler to connect the supplied hardwire kit to the fusebox as it would be to modify the car's power socket to make it supply constant power to the camera. You just need to use an "add a circuit" to connect the red wire of the hardware kit to one of the MEMORY fuses on the fusebox. The black wire will just connect to a convenient bolt behind the dash for the ground connection. The hardwire kits you buy for cameras usually come with a few add a circuit connectors in the kit. If your camera didn't come with one you should be able to buy one at any decent parts store, or amazon.

Okay thank you, i will give it a try. Do you know what fuse i should attach it to in order to get power full time? Sorry i have never done this before. I have to go and buy an "add a circuit" at the store because i dont think i my kit came with one. I attached a picture of my fuse box.

Thank you so much or your help!

Attachments

·
Registered
15,894 Posts
Either of the MEMORY fuses will be supplied with constant power.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Either of the MEMORY fuses will be supplied with constant power.

Great!!! Thank you so much! I will give it a try. Last question, will doing this drain my battery?

·
Registered
15,894 Posts
I have no idea. I suppose that will depend on whether the camera is designed to be supplied with constant power or not. Most dash cams are designed to be powered via the ignition, so they don't drain the battery.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all your help. I just hard wired it and just use the same fuse I just got another one it seems to be staying on now with the car off but how do I no it is in parking mode? And not constantly just recording? Would you have any idea about that? Like how would my dash cam no that my engine turns off at a certain point to start parking mode if it’s hooked up to constant power?

will the fuse get signaled or something? I’m stressing out about this all day!

·
Registered
15,894 Posts
how do I no it is in parking mode? And not constantly just recording? Would you have any idea about that?
No, I have no idea. Surely the camera's instruction manual will explain how to set the camera up to operate in parking mode.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts