Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, my 2014 accent came with projectors from the factory, everything works fine, except for the DRLs. I'm wondering how can I get the factory DRLs to work? I saw that some of you got the DRLs working when they installed the new lights on their non 2014 Accents. Is there any way I can make the DRLs work on my car?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did talk to the dealer, he says he knows nothing about the issue. My car has Middle Eastern specs, but I don't think that has any effect on wiring set-ups. The car has a fuse for the DRL, but it's not working. Could it be that it doesn't have a DRL module? how can I find out if it has one or not?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I first thought that the region could be the problem, but most of KIA's lineup that are being sold in the Middle East have factory DRLs. Kia Cerato (Forte in the States), Sportage, Sorento, Optima, all have working DRLs. Since KIA and Hyundai are nearly identical companies, I figured there wouldn't be any differences in equipment for the same region. It's really confusing to me :(

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's true, but under the sheet metal, they're quite similar. Is there anything that I could do or check to see whether if my car is supposed to have DRL or not? Where should I look in order to see whether my car has a DRL module thingy or not? Thanks :)

·
Registered
626 Posts
You would need to buy an aftermarket DRL or build your own. I decided to build my own after my aftermarket kit stopped working.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How can I build one? and before I build one myself, where can I look to see if my car already has this module or not?

·
Registered
265 Posts
1. Building one is not a simple task, it requires patience and good soldering skills. It took a friend and myself about 10 hours to build a module. Also knowing basic electronics is a must. Essentially you need to figure out where power needs to go in certain situations. I achieved this with a some wire and relays. You could always buy a generic module and wire it in, which is probably easier.

2. If your factory headlights (before you installed your projector housings) had lights on when your headlight switch was off then your car will have a factory DRL module, which will be very basic.

Basically the DRL module is designed to give a supply of current when your headlights are off and when you switch the headlights on do one of two things, cut power to the daytime running lights, or give them a lower current to dim the daytime running lights.

·
Registered
626 Posts
You would need something like this. I would suggest looking for a better quality one than this one because this one broke on me after 6 months.
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/LED-Daytime-Running-Automatic-Control/dp/B00552MJWU[/ame]

I never had factory DRL, so I wouldn't be able to tell you where to look for the module but if I had to guess, you don't have the OEM DRL module installed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts