Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever had any success getting a discount with Bluelink?

I didn’t renew mine this year since the cost was too much. I’ll call in every so often to ask if they have any specials going on and they always say no, there are no discounts. Seems they never incentive you to re-subscribe after canceling...

·
Registered
310 Posts
I know. It's so darn expensive and I just want it for the navigation. Why can't I just buy that part of it, why does it have to be all 3? Because they want money.

I might resub after a while because it'll be nice to have on my trip to Pittsburgh this summer.

·
Registered
2012 Sonata 2.0t Ltd & 2020 Palisade Ltd
315 Posts
I know. It's so darn expensive and I just want it for the navigation. Why can't I just buy that part of it, why does it have to be all 3? Because they want money.

I might resub after a while because it'll be nice to have on my trip to Pittsburgh this summer.
You can buy only one of the packages. What makes you say you can't?

·
Registered
310 Posts
You can buy only one of the packages. What makes you say you can't?
There are three packages. You can buy the first package buy itself. The second package requires purchase of the first package and the third requires purchase of the first two.

I think it's dumb and past research has told me that apparently in the past it was possible to buy them all individually.

·
Registered
315 Posts
My understanding is that you can purchase one; the first package but if you want number two you must buy the first one and so on. I could be wrong.....
There are three packages. You can buy the first package buy itself. The second package requires purchase of the first package and the third requires purchase of the first two.

I think it's dumb and past research has told me that apparently in the past it was possible to buy them all individually.
I stand corrected. Although you're not quite correct either.

Looks like you must buy the Connected Care package no matter what. After that, both Remote and Guidance package require the Connected Care package, but it doesn't say that the Guidance package requires the Remote one, or vice versa.

I can see that when I go to myhyundai.com and select Manage Subscription on my car that already has an active subscription. On my other Hyundai, which has no active subscription, I have to provide some info before it lets me select a package.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I stand corrected. Although you're not quite correct either.

Looks like you must buy the Connected Care package no matter what. After that, both Remote and Guidance package require the Connected Care package, but it doesn't say that the Guidance package requires the Remote one, or vice versa.

I can see that when I go to myhyundai.com and select Manage Subscription on my car that already has an active subscription. On my other Hyundai, which has no active subscription, I have to provide some info before it lets me select a package.
On MyHyundai I have three options: Assurance Connected Care, Assurance Connected Care + Remote, and Assurance Connected Care + Remote +Guidance.

Unless there's another way to get Blue Link without the Remote package, I have to buy all 3 to get Guidance.

·
Registered
310 Posts
So is there any way to get a decent discount on Blue Link and possibly pay monthly? I've heard people doing monthly payments but I've never been offered/allowed that option.

·
Registered
315 Posts
On MyHyundai I have three options: Assurance Connected Care, Assurance Connected Care + Remote, and Assurance Connected Care + Remote +Guidance.

Unless there's another way to get Blue Link without the Remote package, I have to buy all 3 to get Guidance.
So is there any way to get a decent discount on Blue Link and possibly pay monthly? I've heard people doing monthly payments but I've never been offered/allowed that option.
Not what it says on mine (on my 2020 Palisade that I already have a subscription on). See screenshot below. Note the fine print where it only says "Connected Care" required for the other 2 packages. And paying yearly or even 3 years ahead is cheaper than monthly.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Not what it says on mine (on my 2020 Palisade that I already have a subscription on). See screenshot below. Note the fine print where it only says "Connected Care" required for the other 2 packages. And paying yearly or even 3 years ahead is cheaper than monthly.

View attachment 445193
That looks absolutely nothing like what I see when I log on to Welcome to MyHyundai | MyHyundai

Also I understand you save a significant amount of money by paying for an entire year or even 3 years but at the moment if monthly was an option I'd gladly subscribe right away.

·
Registered
315 Posts
That looks absolutely nothing like what I see when I log on to Welcome to MyHyundai | MyHyundai

Also I understand you save a significant amount of money by paying for an entire year or even 3 years but at the moment if monthly was an option I'd gladly subscribe right away.
You can pay monthly. I just took a screenshot of the yearly prices. Well, at least on my screen, I can switch to monthly.

No ideas why it looks different for you. What car do you have? And do you have an active subscription right now?

·
Registered
310 Posts
You can pay monthly. I just took a screenshot of the yearly prices. Well, at least on my screen, I can switch to monthly.

No ideas why it looks different for you. What car do you have? And do you have an active subscription right now?
I have a 2014 Sonata GLS, it's in my profile pic and on my profile LOL

I had a trial subscription for 6 months after I purchased the car last February. After it renewed I realized I was running tight on my budget and got it refunded and I haven't had anything since then.

Are we viewing the same website? Can you give me the link?

·
Registered
315 Posts
I have a 2014 Sonata GLS, it's in my profile pic and on my profile LOL

I had a trial subscription for 6 months after I purchased the car last February. After it renewed I realized I was running tight on my budget and got it refunded and I haven't had anything since then.

Are we viewing the same website? Can you give me the link?
It's www.myhyundai.com but, as I said earlier in this thread, I have 2 Hyundais. One is new (2020 Palisade Limited) and therefore has a complimentary 3-year subscription. The screenshot you see above is when I click on Manage Subscription for that car. My second Hyundai is a 2012 Sonata 2.0t Limited (so a YF, like yours), for which I do not have an active Blue Link subscription. When I select that car on myhyundai.com, I click on Enroll, confirm my personal info, then it gets me to a screen to enter my credit card info, but it also tells me I'm eligible for a 6-month free trial. So I never get to a package selection screen. I will say however, that the screen for the Sonata looks a lot more similar to your screenshot than my Palisade screenshot.

I wonder if it's because the Palisade has a newer generation of Blue Link, with maybe different features an/or requirements? Or maybe that's just what it looks like with an active subscription, even on an older car. I have no idea... Maybe someone who pays for Blue Link on an older Sonata can chime in?

·
Registered
2020 Sonata SEL Plus (+Tech Package)
382 Posts
I know. It's so darn expensive and I just want it for the navigation.
Curious (I honestly don't know - new owner) - I don't get the difference between the onboard navigation that you get maps updates for a few times a year and the BlueLink related one that costs a lot. I was just thinking this today. Is it just that the one you subscribe to is more up to the minute in terms of accuracy?

Have to check myself: I am referring to using the NAV unit itself and pressing that button that looks sort of like a road and speaking your destination (in the 2020, it's in the ceiling).

·
Registered
310 Posts
Curious (I honestly don't know - new owner) - I don't get the difference between the onboard navigation that you get maps updates for a few times a year and the BlueLink related one that costs a lot. I was just thinking this today. Is it just that the one you subscribe to is more up to the minute in terms of accuracy?

Have to check myself: I am referring to using the NAV unit itself and pressing that button that looks sort of like a road and speaking your destination (in the 2020, it's in the ceiling).
I have a GLS, I don't have onboard navigation. If I want it I need BlueLink. My buttons are on the mirror and I only have three of them. It is my understanding that some mirrors have more than three, perhaps these are the ones with onboard navigation.

·
Registered
315 Posts

The search via Blue Link has more up-to-date Points of Interest.

You can also send a destination to your car from the mobile app or your computer (at www.myhyundai.com).

Finally, the free map updates alone are worth the subscription price for the Connected Car and Guidance package. If you look at my screenshot earlier in this thread, it's about $100 for 1 year of the Connected Care package and $100 for 1 year of the Guidance package. Map updates are $145 every 6 months without subscription, so that's a no-brainer right there if you use your built-in nav often and care about getting the updates.

The Remote package adds another ~$100, but you do get other features. If you pay 3 years in advance, it gets cheaper.

@hg3300 - this is taken from my Blue Link manual. Weird that it won't let you pick Connected Care + Guidance, or let you pay monthly.

·
Registered
310 Posts

You can also send a destination to your car from the mobile app or your computer (at www.myhyundai.com).

Finally, the free map updates alone are worth the subscription price for the Connected Car and Guidance package. If you look at my screenshot earlier in this thread, it's about $100 for 1 year of the Connected Care package and $100 for 1 year of the Guidance package. Map updates are $145 every 6 months without subscription, so that's a no-brainer right there if you use your built-in nav often and care about getting the updates.

The Remote package adds another ~$100, but you do get other features. If you pay 3 years in advance, it gets cheaper.

@hg3300 - this is taken from my Blue Link manual. Weird that it won't let you pick Connected Care + Guidance, or let you pay monthly.

View attachment 445335
I might have the physical manual, I'll take a look at it.

·
Registered
310 Posts

View attachment 445335
I just checked my manual and it only has the first three listed.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts