Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, as of about 30 minutes ago my wife informed me that my little Gets break lights where on! Went out to find that eveything inside the car was off except the break lights! Turned the car on then off, pushed the break pedal which did nothing and due to it getting dark I had to unplug the battery as a quick fix to stop it draining the battery. Any advice guy's on what my course of action should be? Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Unplug the "brake" light switch.. be carefull to not break the connector or brake light switch body for time being

Reactions: DarrenBach

·
Registered
2007 Honda CRV
4,577 Posts
Check the relays
Pull out each relay until the brake lights go out
Then see if the relay is stuck
Can do by swapping relays?

Can inspect the brake switch
Crawl under the driver's side dash and look at the brake switch (follow the brake pedal up)
Sometimes the piece which is suppose to depress the switch is broken

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
15,281 Posts
Don't go messing with relays. There aren't any relays in the brake light circuit.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just found out after watching a few youtube videos that its not my break light switch but the little circular plastic bit thats broken off, can do a quick fix by placing something of equal size. The break light switch itself is fine. I can only assume its called a beak switch light pad?

·
Registered
17,552 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update! After looking around most if the morning for this pedal stopper, seems to be a holy grail! Can't find it anywhere, so ive glued two coins of the same width and stuck two sided tape on one side then placed it in the position and 'Bingo' worked a charm and break lights are now off. Its only a cosmetic fix untill I can track one down.

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
15,281 Posts
You could always just pop round to your local Hyundai dealer and buy one. It's hardly going to be an expensive part, even at main dealer prices.

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
Update! After looking around most if the morning for this pedal stopper, seems to be a holy grail! Can't find it anywhere, so ive glued two coins of the same width and stuck two sided tape on one side then placed it in the position and 'Bingo' worked a charm and break lights are now off. Its only a cosmetic fix untill I can track one down.
It's hard to get those "break" lights out of your head...now they ain't broke! :surprise:

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
New BRAKE pedal pad (stopper) is $1 USA for the Elantra part (clear color), and $1.61 for the Sonata part (black)... then it should be a good while,, or lifetime until the part maybe BREAK and need replacement

1 - 12 of 12 Posts