Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys, I'm I a bit of a mess with my girlfriend's 2003 1.1 Getz. Is a lovely practical and economic car. For the past few weeks it has become unusable. Problems started with the car engine dying under load. Sometimes it will start immediately, sometimes I had to leave it to cool down for 2-3 minutes. I have started to change parts ( coil pack,spark plugs, ignition leads,fuel filter, air filter). After all this I took it to the local garage, and they recommended changing the camshaft sensor. Done that too, and also done the cam belt. Now the car starts engine runs ok(ish) when cold, after it heats up and the idle sets to about 800 rpm if I try to press the acceleration suddenly I feel,and see, the engine rpm dropping and sometimes engine even dies. This is with the car parked. If I try to drive it, last time nearly made it home because the engine keeps dying. When trying to restart it never starts first time I have to leave it cool down 2-3 minutes, then starts but again stalls under load. Please help. Thanks in advance.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts