Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Considering a Genesis sedan CPO. I am not crazy about the style after 2014 so probably would get a 2014 and the V6.

1. What is a reasonable amount off of the asking price can I expect the dealer to sell the car for? Just a ballpark.

2. Does it take premium fuel?

3. How do repair and maintenance costs compare? Is it more like a regular Hyundai or a luxury car like a MB or BMW?

4. Can you explain the CPO warranty? For example i am looking at a car that is 2014 with 11K miles. How much bumper to bumper do I get and how much powertrain?

Thanks,

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hi masspector,

1. I can't answer that question. You can go to Autotrader and look at the prices in 100-200 miles radius.

2. My 2011 V8 4.6 can run on regular and premium. I started with regular when I bought it, and now only run on premium. For V6 regular is fine.

3. Genesis is luxury car.

4. I am original owner and I got full OEM warranty (10Y/100K for powertrain, and 5Y/60K bumper to bumper). And year later I bought Hyundai Platinum Extended warranty. You, as not as original owner have total of five years for everything. You will need to ask the seller (dealer) about "in-service" date of the car you are going to buy to see how much of OEM warranty left. As far as I understand CPO is "like" extended warranty, but you will have to read CPO papers and fine print.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi masspector,

1. I can't answer that question. You can go to Autotrader and look at the prices in 100-200 miles radius.

2. My 2011 V8 4.6 can run on regular and premium. I started with regular when I bought it, and now only run on premium. For V6 regular is fine.

3. Genesis is luxury car.

4. I am original owner and I got full OEM warranty (10Y/100K for powertrain, and 5Y/60K bumper to bumper). And year later I bought Hyundai Platinum Extended warranty. You, as not as original owner have total of five years for everything. You will need to ask the seller (dealer) about "in-service" date of the car you are going to buy to see how much of OEM warranty left. As far as I understand CPO is "like" extended warranty, but you will have to read CPO papers and fine print.

Hope this helps.
Thanks for the reply. Kind of on the fence. I would love a Genesis but it is still a little out of my price range and it would be used, even with the CPO. It would depend on how much off asking price they will go. But then would be what I want to pay but 4 years old and around 30K miles. Not sure how the tech stacks up against a 2018 Sonata SEL, which is the new car I will get if I decide new.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Its been several years since I sold Hyundai so this could have chagned... but if its a TRUE CPO from Hyundai dealer (not just a used lot offering and extended warranty or a "multi point inspection") the the vehicle should have the REMAINDER of the 10year/100k mile warranty. From the SOLD DATE. So if you car has 14k miles. 100-14= 86k miles left or 2018-2014= 4 so 6 years.

Hope thats not confusing.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Regarding your 3rd question, my understanding is the maintenance cost is more like a regular Hyundai. I plan to do most of that myself which is just oil changes and brakes, maybe some fluid swaps.

Also, I would wager a low mileage 2014 like you described would be around $20k to $21k. I wouldn't pay more than that given it is the older model style. It depends if it has the Premium and Technology packages too. I wanted both and got my car for $17k with 62k miles from the dealer. A bit higher than I wanted to pay but it appeared to be a really clean car, plus it was CPO and has a dealer 100k powertrain warranty and 12 month technology warranty. I would have preferred to have forgone the warranty for more money off the sale price but that wasn't happening.

·
Registered
61 Posts
You should also look at Azera's too. They have a lot of tech, good size nice looking car IMO, and reasonably priced.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts