Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I wanted to do a brake upgrade on the Sonata. I know the OEM ones are nice but I'm doing it more for the look. I tried looking around but can't find anything on anyone swapping the Genesis coupe Brembos on any Sonata. I can get a comply set front and back for $400.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
If the LF is anything like its predecessors then the answer is no.

On the NF I was able to fit 04-05 XG350 calipers (dual piston) onto it and upgrade the rotors to 320/321mm. I believe some YF guys were able to do the same and you could possibly do the same as well.

If you're looking for that monoblock look (i.e. Brembo) then I'd suggest looking into CTS-V calipers (4 piston). I was able to test fit them on the NF but could not find a rotor to fit correctly. Maybe Evo X rotors with a shim. The Veloster guys were able to do a kit for it. It could possibly fit the NF/YF/LF but I don't recall anyone trying.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If the LF is anything like its predecessors then the answer is no.

On the NF I was able to fit 04-05 XG350 calipers (dual piston) onto it and upgrade the rotors to 320/321mm. I believe some YF guys were able to do the same and you could possibly do the same as well.

If you're looking for that monoblock look (i.e. Brembo) then I'd suggest looking into CTS-V calipers (4 piston). I was able to test fit them on the NF but could not find a rotor to fit correctly. Maybe Evo X rotors with a shim. The Veloster guys were able to do a kit for it. It could possibly fit the NF/YF/LF but I don't recall anyone trying.
Thanks man so much for the information!!!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts