Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Actually, there is little to compare as the Genesis is clearly a better car in almost all important categories. LTCs were basically designed 20 years ago and have not kept up. The Genesis is state of the art.

However, there are two areas where the Town Car wins: (1) It can seat 6 adults, and (2) It does have a lot more cargo capacity. You perhaps should consider these.

I am sharing my viewpoint because I have owned four Town Cars (and one Grand Marquis) and did indeed enjoy them. However, I was forced to explore other options, because Ford dropped this model. The Genesis clearly evaluated as the best alternative for my family. Affordable is a big issue for us. And, the warranty is simply the best to be had.

The Genesis is so much fun to drive that I thank Ford for breaking my addiction. I lost the boat-like ride and gained a sense of the road and confidence in maneuvering. I can pass with ease, with no more throttle sluggishness. I can drive at the legal speed limit on a crowned Interstate without constantly correcting my lane position, even wih cross-winds.

If you are a frustrated Ford customer (you like Crown Vics, Grand Marquis, LTCs) you just gotta check out the Genesis!

·
1,914 Posts
I'm 22 and I have to say the Panther's are one of my favorite cars. These cars just float and they are amazing, especially the towncar. It's just ashame ford let the design age so much. No one is going to buy a brand new towncar for 50k when they can find a year old towncar for half that with low miles. While the Genesis is far superior, the panther's are excellent, proven vehicles.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I'd say the only other comparable affordable full-size RWD V8 sedan you could get is a Chrysler 300 or Dodge Charger. If you're willing to pay $50k+, there are plenty of options, but the pickin's are pretty slim below that price level.

·
Registered
500 Posts
If the added features of the Genesis don't wow you much, then go with real american luxury. The Town Car is a solid car, and has been for years! The 4R70W bullet trans and the 4.6 motor are very reliable when taken care of. However buy used (a year or 2 old) they aren't worth 45+ new. IMO

1 - 5 of 5 Posts