Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 20 of 169 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, Well I had posted up step by step instructions on how to do this but I guess I closed the window before posting. So here is just a Quick review. This wont take you long at all total time 1 hour or so if you know how the belts go on the pulleys. Very easy mod. Note: The crankshaft pulley came off by hand without a pulley puller and I had an impact guy for the pulley bolt.

Review:
When driving down the road I can tell the engine was less stressed. The real test was to floor it. So I did and the car came alive! 1st gear is useless (see other post for vid) There was defiantly some power free-ed with this pulley.

Specs:
Stock Pulley 4.5lbs
OBX Pulley 1.0LBS

Verdict:

$80 OBX pulley. Worth the money!! GO DO IT!
$225 RRM's Pulley. Still worth the money go do it!!

First start up video

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
QUOTE (v33sonata @ Nov 3 2010, 01:11 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=368679
When driving down the road I can tell the engine was less stressed. The real test was to floor it. So I did and the car came alive! 1st gear is useless (see other post for vid) There was defiantly some power free-ed with this pulley. Now the bad! Last night and this morning when starting up the car from it being cold it had a slight miss. Not sure if its related but it was not doing this yesterday or the day before. But it goes away after the car warms up.
Sounds good... but a miss fire? any CEL? could it be the nspp?

·
Registered
587 Posts
Nice oil leak!

Changing the accessory drive pulley is not going to cause a misfire. Maybe there is an issue with the new spark plugs you installed or something happened during installation.

·
Premium Member
4,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE (downhiller88 @ Nov 3 2010, 01:27 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=368719
im not hating or anything but is the power really noticeable? because i know most of the people say it is noticeable after they do small performance mods but in reality its just their personal feel after the performance mod was added.. but it looks awesome though
NO u can really feel this one. Even my g/f said something about my car seeming quicker and she doesnt know anything about cars or what i do to it. lol

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Might take the Hi-Scan and scope the CKP and CMP paterns together with OE pulley and the OBX... reason is crankshaft harmonics,,, the OE has rubber ring and pulley to dampen crank oscillations.. the 1 piece does not, so the CKP might be fuzzy input to PCM..

·
Premium Member
4,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QUOTE (sbr711 @ Nov 3 2010, 05:08 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=368782
Might take the Hi-Scan and scope the CKP and CMP paterns together with OE pulley and the OBX... reason is crankshaft harmonics,,, the OE has rubber ring and pulley to dampen crank oscillations.. the 1 piece does not, so the CKP might be fuzzy input to PCM..
CKP and CMP?

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Did you claim in previous post somewhere you was a tech at 1 time and tuner ... :grin:

OBD-II abbreviations :

CKP = Crankshaft Position

CMP = Camshaft Position

·
Registered
337 Posts
heh well im glad i sent you that pm last week after all heh plus its nice to know I wasnt gonna waist so much money now heh, the only thing im concerned about is i live in colorado an winter is rolling in soon so cold starts are gonna be a daily occurrence for the next 5 months heh oh well cant wait anyways
also looks like you might need to get some wider tires to help out with the spinning now....or have fun with it lol

·
Premium Member
4,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
QUOTE (NubR1 @ Nov 4 2010, 12:01 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=368887
heh well im glad i sent you that pm last week after all heh plus its nice to know I wasnt gonna waist so much money now heh, the only thing im concerned about is i live in colorado an winter is rolling in soon so cold starts are gonna be a daily occurrence for the next 5 months heh oh well cant wait anyways
also looks like you might need to get some wider tires to help out with the spinning now....or have fun with it lol
LOL

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Just installed my obx pulley. Pretty ez install 1hr including setup and cleanup. I didn't notice any gains in first yet becus of the nspp, I'm burning rubber all of first with my 225s (planning on buying 255s to grab the road with no spinning). But I do notice when it downshifts in D the engine revs up noticably  quicker than with the oem pulley.

·
Premium Member
4,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
QUOTE (alfu @ Nov 15 2010, 06:20 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=372000
Just installed my obx pulley. Pretty ez install 1hr including setup and cleanup. I didn't notice any gains in first yet becus of the nspp, I'm burning rubber all of first with my 225s (planning on buying 255s to grab the road with no spinning). But I do notice when it downshifts in D the engine revs up noticably  quicker than with the oem pulley.
Glad to see u like it!

1 - 20 of 169 Posts