Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I have had a problem with a sticking clutch pedal for a while but always able to change gear no problem. Now I am having problems changing into any gear, have to allow revs to drop down otherwise cant change gear.
Is this likely to be a clutch problem or slave/master cylinder?
Any advice greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi, If it was similar to mine it is bad news. My pedal would stick and then slap me on the ball of my foot. The dealer said they needed to change the whole clutch assembly. When they got it stipped down, they also had to change the active flywheel. Problem fixed.
Fortunately, they did all this under the warranty as it would have cost well over £1000. My car had 85K miles when this was done and it now has 126k with no further problems (touch wood). Good luck.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ouch, thats what I expected. Drove the car this morning and as long as the revs are below 1500 then changing gear is okay.

·
Registered
2 Posts
terracan problem`s

Hi,
I have had a problem with a sticking clutch pedal for a while but always able to change gear no problem. Now I am having problems changing into any gear, have to allow revs to drop down otherwise cant change gear.
Is this likely to be a clutch problem or slave/master cylinder?
Any advice greatly appreciated.
hi, rugger1965 i think paul b`s correct i bought a new terracan 2.9 crdi for my wife from a top hyundai garage we also under warrenty had the same problem in fact we had 2 clutches 1 flywheel and master cylinder i don`t want to sound grim but these are minor problem`s that we`ve had the major problem`s are endless

1 - 4 of 4 Posts