Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi ,

I took my wife's SF to work today and in the morning after I have the car slowly rolling I felt 3 or 4 times like a punch coming from transmission. it did that on first 100 meters or so and after getting rolling faster was ok. I told to my wife (because she is using it most of the time) and she told that felt that yesterday also coming from work. She said it happened during the cruise on the city streets and not when she start it up.
We have only 6500Km on our SF.
Just wondering if somebody got something like that ?

Thx,

·
Registered
444 Posts
Low fluid, or it's dying, either way, go to the dealer asap.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I've never had such experience on my SFS (got around 15000Km).
Was the engine cold started and ran before warming up?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've never had such experience on my SFS (got around 15000Km).
Was the engine cold started and ran before warming up?
It was in the morning and it was +19C , I cannot say that is cold.

I didn't see any oil stain on the driveway and we had the engine oil change at 5000km at the dealer . If was oil leaking from somewhere I supposed they should see it.

I'll watch it more carefully over the next days and I'll go to the dealer if it happens again.

·
2,258 Posts
how fast were you going? up hill or downhill? do you have awd or fwd?
how hard of a punch are we talking about? depending at what speed this could be the AWD turning off - thus not the transmission at all, but the clutchpack in the differential.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
how fast were you going? up hill or downhill? do you have awd or fwd?
how hard of a punch are we talking about? depending at what speed this could be the AWD turning off - thus not the transmission at all, but the clutchpack in the differential.

I was just starting the car and going slowly down the road(flat one). I have AWD. Since then it didn't do it anymore for now. Interesting fact is that when did it first time while my wife driving it was showing 5999km on the odometer , going to 6000km.
I know that gear box is an adaptive one and is "learning" your driving style. Can be the 6000km a switching point between "default" and "learned" gear shifting points diagram ?

·
2,258 Posts
I was just starting the car and going slowly down the road(flat one). I have AWD. Since then it didn't do it anymore for now. Interesting fact is that when did it first time while my wife driving it was showing 5999km on the odometer , going to 6000km.
I know that gear box is an adaptive one and is "learning" your driving style. Can be the 6000km a switching point between "default" and "learned" gear shifting points diagram ?
no that certainly was not any learn-in process. thats seamless. keep an eye on it. more or less thats the point when AWD turns off (clutch in the differential disengages) and it turns to FWD. make sure that doesnt happen more often.

check your tire pressure. sometimes when tire pressures are off a few psi - the smaller diameter tire lags the gears in the differential, thus causing clunking or issues. this is also why having a new tire and a used tire causes problems with awd's

1 - 8 of 8 Posts