Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey people,

okay... sooo i just got my car scanned and apparentely the stealership are saying it needs a new gearbox... so looking at 5.5k through them.. i could buy a new car for that.. does anyone know where i can get a cheaper gearbox for a 2001 grandeur automatic. or if you have one for sale it would be greatly appreciated if anyone could point me in the right way.... :(

thanks,
shaun

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
I wouldn't be so quick to just accept what your "stealership" has to say. I'd get a second opinion. You've come to the right place.

The dealer should have given you and explaination. What was that?

What are your symptoms?

Do you have trouble codes? What are they?

What does the fluid look like?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i just changed the gearbox oil but when i did it was neally black and had metal shavings in it... they said that " inspected for gearbox issue carried out data logger for transmission codes found incorrect gear ratio for gears 2-4-5 and also code for transmission fluid temperature sensor 'a'circuit low imput.

the symtoms are pretty much it has issues changing gears form first to second it will rev up to about 4k before it changes gears the same with 2nd too third. forth gear will constantly engage and disengage you can feel the car loosing drive aswell, and that is the same with 5th gear.....

after a little while of all of that it will just snap back into 3rd gear and stay there , that is the default gear thou...

thanks if you can help it would be really really appreciated!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts