Hyundai Forums banner

81 - 100 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
845 Posts
How is it possibly you are aware 99.9% of the DIY'er, won't? Truthfully. you have no way of knowing such information. :amen::lurk:

However, it's their loss. Once the Fuel/Oil dilution level is identified, then a proper oil change schedule can be established. After this, they can send it off their samples every 3rd or 4th oil change.:smile:

This will give you the best information you can find on GDI cleaning.

Take a look at all their videos on You Tube by clicking on their Logo. I can tell you from direct first hand experience, the system works. It was recently done on my sons 2015 Kia Rio. It has regained fuel economy, optimal operation, and smooth running. It cost about $200-250 to have it done but is well worth the expense. Sure beats a tear down and walnut blasting of the head, intake and fuel rails. You can ignore it, and spend allot allot more later or spend it now. It's all about how you maintain the engine.

Pay special attention to the video provided it will explain how the system works with excellent working details and who the system actually functions.

https://www.bgprod.com/services/gas...l-system-service/https://youtu.be/P0rF7Mf-Q-8
https://youtu.be/7gXB85gJ0is
5 Best Fuel Injector Cleaners of 2019 (And Why They Are Worth Buying!)

Most of You Tube is click revenue. However, there is truth in anything, and you have to look closely for it. Keep in mind your own words "Those who say it cannot be done, should not interrupt the person doing it.":grin2:

Cheers
Your wise to use BG prod. :thumbsup: in my S.F. i ran 44k through it and some wide open throttle heres why? fuel pressure increases at wide open throttle watch this example: of a multiport fuel injection hard at work found on a F1 v10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=77&v=9kX8asluuNg

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Hey. We need a medium-sized enterprise management system with advanced technology products, built on 1C. The company works in B2B and we want to create an interactive website where we can offer our customers a product configurator: the main product, its options with setting dependencies and internal rules, real-time pricing and the ability to send a request to continue communications. How can this be connected to this software cleaning managemart software and how difficult will it be?
?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Finally got to do my first oil change since using oil from BND performance and his oil filter. Oil sample came back clean with no fuel dilution and no engine wear (rings,bearings etc.) after 10,000 miles on the oil so haters keep on hating!!!!!!

·
Registered
258 Posts
Actually you do, it's inherent with any GDI. This type of engineering fast fix to meet emission standards comes with these problems. Compounding it, is the use of higher compression and small turbocharges. https://www.enginebuildermag.com/20...e-direct-injection-issues-facts-fictions-gdi/

Venting does nothing but bypass some of the emission system and reduce crankcase pressure. This is decades old knowledge, with muscle cars and hotrods. Doesn't do anything to keep carbon deposits off of intake valves. There is only a few ways to deal with GDI problems. A complete disassembly of the top end of the engine, and blasting with walnut shells or other bio material. Or do a top end cleaning at 15K intervals, with a system like the Bg-44K system.
Sorry bud, but the Velosterturbo.org members have tried and tested this with the best results: https://www.velosterturbo.org/threads/breather-and-pcv-discussion.26906/ I suggest read through some of this to get an idea of how beneficial it has been for the 1.6T platform. My Tucson is currently at 39k miles while my VT is at 110k miles both vented and have never had 1 issue.

·
Registered
442 Posts
TucsySport, please find below, procedure used to spray CRC Intake Valve & Turbo cleaner into throttle body.
Recommended procedure steps;
  • First, let engine run until warm
  • Have someone hold gas pedal down (or locate something to wedge between driver seat and gas pedal), to keep engine at 2000 - 2500 RPM (do not exceed 3500 RPM)
  • Spray into throttle, using short bursts. Try not let engine stall.
  • Once CRC product is gone, let engine idle for a few minutes and turn off. Wait for an hour (for product to heat soak. After an hour has passed, drive vehicle for about 15 minutes to blow out debris. If possible, ride on highway would be ideal.
Photo 1 & 2 - Remove 10mm hose clamp at air box assembly, then remove air duct.
Photo 1.jpg Photo 3.jpg

Photo 3 & 4 - Remove 10mm hose clamp from other end of air duct near throttle body, then remove air duct.
Photo 2.jpg Photo 4.jpg

Photo 5 - Position CRC can to obtain best position (can can be used upside down), to spray into throttle body. be careful not to insert too far in, may hit blades.Begin to spray in short bursts, trying not to let engine stall. Continue process until can is empty.
Photo 5.jpg

Photo 6 - I decided to change my plan of spraying directly into throttle body, due to some spray dripping out of throttle body into engine compartment. I slid end of air duct bak onto throttle body, and re-positioned can and began spraying directly into air duct end that was removed from air box assembly.
Hope this proves helpful!!
Photo 6.jpg

·
Registered
2 Posts
However, it's their loss. Once the Fuel/Oil dilution level is identified, then a proper oil change schedule can be established. After this, they can send it off their samples every 3rd or 4th oil change

·
Registered
442 Posts
I use Red Line SL1 Complete Fuel System cleaner (15 oz.), and Chevron Techron Complete Fuel system cleaner (20 oz.), if Red Line cannot be found. Red Line SL1 Fuel System cleaner is said to have the highest concentration of PEA per volumetric unit. (polyetheramine (PEA), is specifically designed to dissolve these carboxyl deposits. The most powerful and effective at removing those deposits).

·
Registered
442 Posts
Just performed another CRC Intake Valve & Turbo cleaner process. Below, find atached photos showing location of PCV valve. Believe this to be alternative location to spary CRC Intake cleaner. If interested in replacing PCV valve (Hyundai part 26740-32804), use needle nose pliers to squeeze and remove fastner that holds hose to PCV valve. Once hose is removed, slide protective rubber cover off PCV valve. Use a 13mm deep socket to remove PCV valve.

Photo 1 shows wide view of PCV valve area.

Photo 2 shows close up of PCV valve with protective rubber cover pushed back exposing PCV valve body where 13mm socket would be used.

·
Registered
4 Posts
This morning while gassing up I decided to try (Red Line Complete SL1 ) some of the fuel injector cleaner juice. About 10 miles in I could feel a difference, 34 miles later now and it's cleared up. No rumbles, no spiking tach, and it didn't smell like exhaust/gas when I got out of the car.

·
Registered
442 Posts
To any member who has performed the CRC Intake Valve & Turbo cleaner process. Interested in knowing, while spraying CRC cleaner down intake tube while vehicle is at 2000 RPM, did anyone happen to notice the coolant in the overflow reservoir bubble up from time to time?

·
Registered
333 Posts
I sprayed mine directly into the throttle body. I just took the intake hose off just enough to insert and spray the cleaner. Didn’t notice any coolant in the overflow reservoir bubbling.

·
Registered
207 Posts
To any member who has performed the CRC Intake Valve & Turbo cleaner process. Interested in knowing, while spraying CRC cleaner down intake tube while vehicle is at 2000 RPM, did anyone happen to notice the coolant in the overflow reservoir bubble up from time to time?
Could just be air purging!

·
Registered
442 Posts
Could just be air purging!
Yes, perhaps that's what it may have been and not hopefully not head gasket (33,000 miles). Never noticed that before, and was unsure if it was related to engine equipped with turbo. It wasn't anything severe when it occurred, but happened to notice it while spraying CRC Intake Valve & Turbo cleaner into air duct going to throttle body, when engine rpm became lower due to the spraying into throttle body.

81 - 100 of 113 Posts