Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Im Tony, an Aussie from Gippsland in Southern Victoria.
4 and a bit years ago I bought an MY 2000 LC 3 door Accent Manual (Stick) thinking my Daughter would like it and set about tidying her for a roadworthy inspection.
Id had a few Hyundai's before from new, all Manual gearbox cars (Elantra's) and they where fun.
Turned out She didnt want the car and bought her own so it became my shopping trolley/Parts hauler/Dirt car and I was really enjoying the heck out of it.
6 or so months ago she started refusing to Start, Crank but no fire and the last time she did it I figured fuel pump and ended up popping the hose off the sender unit on the tank after which she fired and behaved but the fuel pump is noisy so I am about to order one to get her back on the road.

Ive tried to check for Codes with an OBDII scanner but she wont give me any KOEO or KOER (OBD connector under the drivers side dash panel) but I havent gone looking for an ELM android app if thats going to make a difference., its a 1.5 Twin cam and I also noticed she is a lil slower on acceleration as well compared to when I first got her (Cam sensor?) and long story short I owe her a service and some loving.

BTW this LC of THE most Poverty of Poverty pack cars, No central locking,fast glass and spartan as **** on the inside lol
Weirdly it has awesome intermittant wipers and cup holders but thats where the luxury ends.

I like my lil red shopping trolley lol

Tony

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Coz everyone loves piccies, Introducing "Accent the Red" (A Viking name) after a headlight lens polish with the 6 inch buff and some green cutters.
I had some compound left on the pad so I buffed the bumper and part of the front Guards (Fenders), I got carried away and actually removed the front plate so I didnt buff around it.
Pov Pack LC 3 door 5 speed, 13 inch steel wheels with hubcaps.
The ding in the bonnet (Hood) apparently was a cow sitting on the front corner according to the PO.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts