Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much interest would there be for OEM factory rubber mats for the Sonata? Hyundai does offer them in Korea only for LPG models, but we can get them.

The problem is cost. Because of the relatively high weight of the mats, since they're rubber, the retail would have to be around US$160~170 shipped. How many people would be interested in this at this price?

·
Registered
817 Posts
Hmmm...

do you have a link to some images?

·
Registered
724 Posts
I would have to see some pics before I could commit to a yes or no....

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
go to hyundaicanada.com then to Sonata and then Accesories at the top of the Sonata page. They have a small picture of the front and rear rubber mats. These are Hyundai OEM mats so they should be the same as the ones Shark Racing is talking about. For those close to the border you might be better off making a road trip north. Pricing is $81 for the front and $57 for the rears in Canadian dollars. But dealers are free to sell at whatever price they want so can be cheaper than MSRP.

·
Hyundai-Forums.com Vendor
369 Posts
annnnd somehow I doubt these are true oem....

·
Registered
29 Posts
i got mine when i was on vacation in canada for 150 dollars including canadian tax. it's as oem as you can get right now. the driver side mat has the word "sonata" stamped in the middle and they came with a sticker marked "2011 hyundai sonata -american market" or something like that in the packaging, which has a picture of a 2011 sonata on the cardboard label. the only thing i can't figure out is why they don't sell it here in the us, as it is obviously a bigger market.
the quality is pretty decent, and i'd say better than the oem mats in my acura. i posted some pics in another thread; i'll post better pics of them later if anybody is interested.

·
Registered
264 Posts
they are a very wearable item, i got mine for $9 at walmart. just have to cut a little slot to fit around the gas pedal. no, i know they arent OEM, or hyundai labelled, but they keep the carpet dry and clean and match the interior color fine.

i couldnt see spending $100 plus to buy a mat for my dirty shoes to go on. just my opinion.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I just got my WeatherTech mats yesterday $117.00 shipped.
It sounds like alot but they provide the best protection available.
Thats why they are called "floor liners" instead of floor mats.
They fit like a glove and worth every penny.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts