Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some low life drilled a hole in my fuel tank on a Getz 1.4 2007. Anyone have an idea how to fix it? I've heard a tip using soldering iron to melt it together? Of course after removal of all gas fumes. Maybe some one got the part number for the fuel tank or what model year that uses the same tank? All info is welcomed!

Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
13,351 Posts
Some low life drilled a hole in my fuel tank on a Getz 1.4 2007. Anyone have an idea how to fix it? I've heard a tip using soldering iron to melt it together? Of course after removal of all gas fumes. Maybe some one got the part number for the fuel tank or what model year that uses the same tank? All info is welcomed!

Thank you in advance!
I take it you're in the UK...maybe (you didn't say "petrol")

Too bad the drill didn't spark. Then you'd have a new car and a dead fiend...or injured, anyway...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sweden, and you're right. Too bad he didn't burn him self up. But now I have to get a new tank or fix the old one.

·
Registered
3,971 Posts
Who in the worls would do that???!!!Must be a crack head.

·
Registered
13,351 Posts
Sweden, and you're right. Too bad he didn't burn him self up. But now I have to get a new tank or fix the old one.

Cool. I was originally going to say "Europe". See, stick to your first impression! :D

·
Registered
13,351 Posts
Who in the worls would do that???!!!Must be a crack head.

Gas is a lot more expensive over there than it is here. Even crackheads here can afford gas.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Fun fact: A new fuel tank is 1100 USD at Hyundai Sweden. Part number 311501C000

Looks like some kind of plastic.

·
Registered
13,351 Posts
Fun fact: A new fuel tank is 1100 USD at Hyundai Sweden. Part number 311501C000

Looks like some kind of plastic.
Holy Cow! A STEEL tank for my Supra was $550!

Don't know if you can get JB Weld in Sweden (a Texas product, btw) but you might check with a local auto parts store and see if they have a gasoline resistant product that will work.
There's a product out there called SealAll that is specifically used for patching fuel taks, and works better on plastic than JB Weld. However, it may break down after a couple years needinf reapplication.

How about a Wreckers? Or, as they say in Sweden, a Yunk Jard? ;)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi,
I Had A hol in my Kawasaki,
There is one glue for tank with two part lake a gum. You mix the quantity you need and you push in to the hol. after 2 hours is like metal.
I don't remember the name because it's pass years but if you ask in a place shelling glue you will find something for the tank.
Thank you

·
Registered
22 Posts
Years back when I was younger and more limber I would remove gas tank, and braze hole shut with brazing rod, flux and acetylene/oxy torch. I fixed some pretty big puncture holes this way.
But, I would try some of the cold patch methods 1st, lots of bother to remove tank and wash out so it doesn't go BANG!
Arizonite

1 - 14 of 14 Posts