Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Sonata SE Stormy Sea, formerly a two time Elantra Owner
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was smelling gasoline inside my car from day one. Salesman told me it was normal and it would go away.
Drove my car for six weeks, finally took it in to investigate the smell. The technician discovered a crack somewhere in the fuel pump system. Told my car could have started on fire at any moment.
Part is on order, 1-2 weeks wait for the part. I hope this is the one and only issue I will have with my 2020 Sonata.

Is this a known issue? Has anyone else experienced this?

·
Registered
2020 Sonata SEL Plus (+Tech Package)
380 Posts
I was smelling gasoline inside my car from day one. Salesman told me it was normal and it would go away.

Part is on order, 1-2 weeks wait for the part. I hope this is the one and only issue I will have with my 2020 Sonata.

Not having that problem but that salesman comment really annoys me. A new car that smells like gasoline?

Thankfully, you are having it fixed before anything terrible happened. Are you driving the car for the next 1-2 weeks or do you have a rental/loaner from the dealer?

·
Registered
2020 Sonata SE Stormy Sea, formerly a two time Elantra Owner
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not having that problem but that salesman comment really annoys me. A new car that smells like gasoline?

Thankfully, you are having it fixed before anything terrible happened. Are you driving the car for the next 1-2 weeks or do you have a rental/loaner from the dealer?
The Dealership pulled a used car off the lot for me to drive until it’s fixed. Thankfully their response was “we can’t let you leave with your car today.” Because of the fire risk. I mean I hope all dealerships would do that? But in this country who knows?

·
Registered
2020 Sonata SEL Plus (+Tech Package)
380 Posts
I hope all dealerships would do that? But in this country who knows?
I'd lean toward yes they would, especially since the problem was present from the beginning. My car had paint bleed along the doors and it's at the body shop all this week. When I dropped it off, I thought the right thing to do would be to loan me a car but I wasn't sure which way it was going to go. They did offer a rental, I didn't even have to ask. So... now we have two instances of a dealership doing the right thing!

·
Registered
2012 Sonata 2.0t Ltd & 2020 Palisade Ltd
311 Posts
I think Hyundai corporate pays the dealership for the cost of the loaner/rental in case of warranty work. So they would have had no problem offering the loaner/rental.

·
Registered
2020 Glowing yellow SEL plus w/ tech
13 Posts
My 2020 broke down monday 3/2 and now over a week later I'm still waiting for a new intake manifold. I called corporate and opened a case. These issues are making me feel like I'm driving my 2012 YF sonata with all of its engine recalls.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Drove my car for six weeks, finally took it in to investigate the smell. The technician discovered a crack somewhere in the fuel pump system. Told my car could have started on fire at any moment.

Don't you just love salesmen?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts