Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2007 Sante Fe AWD with 3.3 L engine. Mileage on vehicle is 71,300 Km

I have just returned from a trip of 2600 KM and had an average MPG of 29.7 imp. Gal or 9.5 L/100 Km. My speed was between 90-110 Km/Hr while on the highway. Our route was from Keremeos, BC to Prince George, BC which is for the most part what I would consider normal driving. Then from Prince George to Ft. St. John, BC. On this leg of the trip we traveled thru the rockies and into the prairies of BC, Then on to Grande Prairie, AB and on to Hinton, AB, again fairly level going. Then on to Jasper,Ab, Lake Louise,Ab, Revelstoke, BC which is all mountains and heavy pulling on grades up to 8%. From Revelstoke we traveled to Vernon and home to Keremeos.

I feel that I got good gas mileage considering the mountain driving we did.

OH! I put in a 1/2 litre jug of injector cleaner into a half a tank of fuel between Keremeos and Prince George and found an improvement in response and I feel it also improved my mileage. This is the first additive I have used in the fuel to clean the infectors of this vehicle, but will be spending the $7.00 it cost in the future, as I feel it was worth it.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I agree....that seems to be very good mileage indeed!

IN all my vehicles, I've added a bottle of STP Fuel Injector cleaner to a full tank, after each oil change. Some people think such things are perfume, and they are certainly entitled to their opinion. I've never had a problem with injectors (or any engine issue) and I do notice an improvement each time.

By the way...sounds like an awesome trip!

·
Registered
7,163 Posts
I'll run some BG product through the fuel rail on my injected vehicles about every 50K miles. Might be more interesting on the Santa Fe since they didn't see fit to provide a Schrader valve on the fuel rail on this beast... at least not that I can see anywhere.

Anyone know a preferred point to tap into the fuel line on a 2nd gen Santa Fe 3.3 liter for such purposes? I'm still under 20K miles, and in no hurry, but it would be nice to know where I'll be when the time comes.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Last year I did a similar trip, Calgary to Vancouver Island and back. Averaged 31.9 mpg Imperial over 3000 km. 2007 GLS FWD 3.3l. My Fe gets excellent mileage highway but drops dramatically in the city.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts