Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok,

So my check engine light came on and I brought it in, the dealer said it was just the gas cap. Bought that. Next day light comes back on.
I let t be for about a week because I simply don't have time to keep bringing into the dealer - but in the meantime I could sometimes smell a little gas and notice I'm not getting the best mileage.
After bringing in the car today the outcome is that the seals around the gas tank are leaking due to corrosion and around the sending unit as well. Cost 2,100.00 for the dealer to replace. Well I'm not spending that - has anyone replaced the tank? hard job? Do you know where I can get the tank?
These cars truly are cheap - anyone thinking of buying one - I'd suggest to stay away - I've done more work on this then anything in my life.

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Then you probably didn't ever own a Saturn like in your sig. Disposable transmission and engine in some models.

Wrecker or gas tank repair specialty shop might be best bet.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually I did own two saturns a 92 and 06, and besides for the american parts like the drive shaft for the AWD which caused shake on the highway - I was at least able to fix other problems - but I'd consider them equals:(. But seeing it's freezing now in CT I might have no choice but to go to carmax and get a toyota.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts