Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After hitting 100K mile, every single time I fill her up, I smell strong gas smell around my gas cap area. And yesterday I was about to see my friend around 6pm and check what I found. Gas was leaking under the car. I don't know what is happening and I did all my maintain whenever it come. I bought this car cause I liked it and saw good reviews. What do I need to replace it and cost?

Any idea?

Attachments

·
Retired Staff
11,818 Posts
Can you tell where leak is coming from? My advice is to get to mechanic ASAP and drive car as little as possible in meantime. Gas leak can be very dangerous.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
After hitting 100K mile, every single time I fill her up, I smell strong gas smell around my gas cap area. And yesterday I was about to see my friend around 6pm and check what I found. Gas was leaking under the car. I don't know what is happening and I did all my maintain whenever it come. I bought this car cause I liked it and saw good reviews. What do I need to replace it and cost?

Any idea?
Gas leaks upon filling, can be holes in the filler tube going to the gas tank. It's usually caused by corrosion that causes holes.

·
Banned
532 Posts
How fast can you run, how bad do you want a new car.....:whistling:

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can you tell where leak is coming from? My advice is to get to mechanic ASAP and drive car as little as possible in meantime. Gas leak can be very dangerous.

I don't know yet. I am going to the shop where I go tomorrow at noon.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Gas leaks upon filling, can be holes in the filler tube going to the gas tank. It's usually caused by corrosion that causes holes.
Oh I see. Thanks!

How fast can you run, how bad do you want a new car.....:whistling:
I usually driving around 40 on local and 65 with cruise mode on fwy. I want new car so bad right now LOL

1 - 6 of 6 Posts