Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is no big deal, just wondering how others gas gauge accuracy is.

After a fill up I can go about 90 miles before I lose the first bar, then I'm down to 1/2 tank at about 160 miles. Pretty steep decline in number of bars for about 70 miles. At about 245 miles I'm down to 2 bars and fill up with about 15.5 gallons.

Just curious how other folks gas gauge works.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
This is no big deal, just wondering how others gas gauge accuracy is.

After a fill up I can go about 90 miles before I lose the first bar, then I'm down to 1/2 tank at about 160 miles. Pretty steep decline in number of bars for about 70 miles. At about 245 miles I'm down to 2 bars and fill up with about 15.5 gallons.

Just curious how other folks gas gauge works.
Thats pretty much what I get. I sometime think I would prefer a standard meter type gauge (non digital). Other cars that I have owned with digital gauge showed about the same accuracy

·
Registered
472 Posts
Thats pretty much what I get. I sometime think I would prefer a standard meter type gauge (non digital). Other cars that I have owned with digital gauge showed about the same accuracy
Ditto! Always the first bar gives you the most mileage. Then it drops off. No big deal.

·
Registered
95 Posts
It's the same with analog gauges -- when you top the tank, the arrow goes way 'above' the full mark, so it takes longer to drop to 'full' and down one more than any consecutive ones.

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
I did not want to start a new thread and this was the closest thing I could find.

Has anyone had a problem getting a full tank of gas. For my last three fillups I have not been able to get a full tank of gas. When I drive away from the pump I am missing the last bar on the gauge. I have even made sure the LR of the vehicle was higher than the rest of the car. After driving a few miles the last bar shows up but disappears again rather quickly. I can also tell I don't have a full tank by the amount of gallons put back in the tank. I even try to put more in it but it won't take anymore.

Anyone else having this issue?

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Blame the pump... I stay away from a local BP station because it never fills up the tank.
The pump shuts off prematurely for some reason at that station. I never try to manually force more gas so not to damage the fuel recovery canister.

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
I did not want to start a new thread and this was the closest thing I could find.

Has anyone had a problem getting a full tank of gas. For my last three fillups I have not been able to get a full tank of gas. When I drive away from the pump I am missing the last bar on the gauge. I have even made sure the LR of the vehicle was higher than the rest of the car. After driving a few miles the last bar shows up but disappears again rather quickly. I can also tell I don't have a full tank by the amount of gallons put back in the tank. I even try to put more in it but it won't take anymore.

Anyone else having this issue?
I've had this happen a few times but most times it fills to top. Thought it was odd as well.

·
Registered
183 Posts
IMO it could happen when the gasoline, flowing from the pump to your tank is in much higher volume. It may cause an abnormal pressure of vapor in the tank and to trigger the pump to stop sooner, especially in hot summer day. Did you use the same gas pump all last three fill ups? Also, next time try to put the pump trigger on the first position (bar) with less pumping force after you filled 3/4 of the tank. It 'll give less air bubbles, coming along with gasoline you paying for.

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
I have filled up twice since I read the advice here and the secret to a full tank is a slow fill. It's definitely a vapor problem or accumulation of vapors which fills the upper spaces of the tank during a fill up especially on hot days. The flow coming out of the nozzle is so fast when fully squeezed that it vaporizes the gas. Setting the nozzle to the first hold notch fixes my not so full tank issue. Thanks guys!!!

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
I have filled up twice since I read the advice here and the secret to a full tank is a slow fill. It's definitely a vapor problem or accumulation of vapors which fills the upper spaces of the tank during a fill up especially on hot days. The flow coming out of the nozzle is so fast when fully squeezed that it vaporizes the gas. Setting the nozzle to the first hold notch fixes my not so full tank issue. Thanks guys!!!
Nice - only problem is here in NJ, we don't self-fill.

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
I don't mind being served honestly. Never get out of the car and let's face it, fueling is not brain surgery.

·
Registered
183 Posts
It is not about honesty, or dishonesty by the gas station employee who pumps gas to you car. It is just a matter a time when somebody unintentially could make a scratch/ dent filling your car. I am sure there will be no fun to make them admit and fix it.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
It is not about honesty, or dishonesty by the gas station employee who pumps gas to you car. It is just a matter a time when somebody unintentially could make a scratch/ dent filling your car. I am sure there will be no fun to make them admit and fix it.
How about 4 or 5 cars pull up to the pump and you only have one or two employees working NOW you have to wait and time is money :grin2:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts