Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok the infamous sticky gas door went totally south tonight :mad:

I had to pry the door open, the small pin that holds it shut had detached from the cable

anyone have this happen other than us up here in the frozen north, looking for what parts are needed and how difficult the replacement will be.

wfd59

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So am I the only one that has had this happen :oops:, well there is a video with a non-hybrid Sonata with the same issue , part number to replace is 81590-3s000, called the dealer they want $139.00 for the part and it would take 2 weeks to get it , 3 hours to install. So looked on line amazon.ca, 39.99 I'll have it on Friday , If it takes 3 hours to put in I'll be surprised.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I bought a 2019 Sonata PHEV back in November and the door has stuck on every other fillup (only filled up 5 times in 8000km, so lack of use and ice is my challenege). i'm holding off until warmer weather arrives to see if it's still an issue before i go to hyundai with it. My coworker who has a 2017 PHEV has gotten around the issue by pressing the unlock button again after the tank depressurizes and you get the check door message.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have a 19 as well and mine has been sticking since December, never opens unless I put something between the door and the body. Been lazy about getting it to the dealer. I only fill up once a month during the winter.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I resolved my 2016 PHEV fuel door sticking problem by taking a flat tip screwdriver and slightly bending the metal portion of the door spring. This allowed the door to open freely each time with more force. This fix took two years and several complaints with my local service center. Remember the fuel door does have a built-in delay to allow the fuel tank to de-pressurize. Fuel Door.JPG

·
Registered
7,844 Posts
I resolved my 2016 PHEV fuel door sticking problem by taking a flat tip screwdriver and slightly bending the metal portion of the door spring. This allowed the door to open freely each time with more force. This fix took two years and several complaints with my local service center. Remember the fuel door does have a built-in delay to allow the fuel tank to de-pressurize. View attachment 445285
I had to do the same thing to my Gen Coupe as it would not pop open. But at first I went too far with bending the spring and it still would not pop open as there was too much pressure on the lock pin.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts