Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The lever to open my gas cap door on my 2001 SANTE Fe is seized. Has anyone had a simliar problem and if so can it be fixed or do you have to replace it?

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
Is the lever moving at all or is it completely immobilized?

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
Interesting....from what I've been told that's a very simple mechanism although based on what I know, it sounds like there may be a broken spring in there somewhere. Hopefully sbr711 will chime in soon.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Have not had to mess with the SantaFe yet, but it shold be simple lever on hinge that pulls cable to move latch..

Take the lever on floor loose and pop the cable off, see if lever freelly move on the hinge/pivot..

Take and grab cable there and see if you can easily pull cable to open the door.

Handle seized should have been slowly coming on to where you should have noticed something was acting up...

Sliding card in and pushing the latch open, latch pin cant be stuck, but maybe cable broke ??

Only 3 pieces to the system, not hard to figure which is problem after you seperate the handle from cable.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Took all apart today and the lever on the floor is totally seized. Will go to the dealer and buy a replacement. The cable and fuel door switch are still in great shape but I guess all the moisture dragged in over the years had taken its toll on the lever. Thanks for the information.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
QUOTE (CWG @ Oct 3 2010, 03:09 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=360651
Took all apart today and the lever on the floor is totally seized. Will go to the dealer and buy a replacement. The cable and fuel door switch are still in great shape but I guess all the moisture dragged in over the years had taken its toll on the lever. Thanks for the information.

There, just saved you a pile in diagnostic labor... I am coming to you live from a Holiday Inn tonight, so I cannot readily accept payment.... I guess you is free to get that new handle you need.

As mentioned this morning from home,, there is only 3 pieces to the system, you pretty well had it figured out, just needed to take apart and verify.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
QUOTE (sbr711 @ Oct 3 2010, 06:30 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=360713
... I am coming to you live from a Holiday Inn tonight, so I cannot readily accept payment.... .
If somebody you don't know knocks on your door and makes a provocative hint, politely decline the offer. :bwekk:
Whatever s/he's selling, you don't want it!! :wink2:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts