Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 08 Santa Fe GLS with 75,000 miles.
For a while now, the engine light has been on. At the same time the gas gauge isn't working, also, at the same time the digital read out does not show "range" (miles to drive with available gas) but the trip miles work as does outside temp. Every great once in a while, they will all work for a day or so. I know the gas cap not sealing correctly can mess with stuff. I have played with it a bunch. Is it possible this could be a faulty gas cap? Or is there something electical (read expensive) going on? :confused:
Appreciate the help

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thought of that. But before I did I just thought someone might have had the same problem and could provide insight.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Many auto parts stores will do a free read on the codes for you. The engine light on means some have popped up. I'd start there. If the fuel cap the code is usually something to do with the evap system.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Sounds like the common (for 2007-2008 models) fuel level sensor problem.
I agree with Stef, We just went through this on our 09
Sensor causes range to empty to not work and check engine light. Read codes and led us straight to fuel level sensors.

·
Registered
4,285 Posts
I had the same problem on our 2008 Santa Fe - had to replace the fuel level sensor and changed the pump as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts