Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all , my car’s gas cap is not clicking anymore since I fill gas last time. Is that mean it’s faulty now ? It still feel tight but doesn’t click and it doesn’t feel it’s locked.

Time to replace ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
274 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Accent 3 dr 5 sp manual; 2010 Genesis Coupe 2LT track 6 sp manual
9,007 Posts
Check Engine Light. If it's leaking it should set a CEL. If you don't have a CEL then either the bulb is burnt out or you don't have a leak.

Have you scanned for codes?

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Check Engine Light. If it's leaking it should set a CEL. If you don't have a CEL then either the bulb is burnt out or you don't have a leak.

Have you scanned for codes?

No I have not scanned for codes because I didn’t see any codes. The fuel cap tightens so it might don’t have leak yet but just don’t click.

·
Registered
2008 Accent 3 dr 5 sp manual; 2010 Genesis Coupe 2LT track 6 sp manual
9,007 Posts

·
Registered
17,548 Posts
That is one of them turn till it stop and it make a silly click sound for decoration..

Silly thing to worry about,, the cap ceased rotation when it secure,,, replaced 1 last week,, got 0.5hr replacement time,, they give 12 minutes for cap replace, and 18 minutes for GDS diag..

5yr / 60 warranty,, and no, the "clickee" sound is not going to turn on MIL,, turn the cap snug as usual, and carry on

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That is one of them turn till it stop and it make a silly click sound for decoration..

Silly thing to worry about,, the cap ceased rotation when it secure,,, replaced 1 last week,, got 0.5hr replacement time,, they give 12 minutes for cap replace, and 18 minutes for GDS diag..

5yr / 60 warranty,, and no, the "clickee" sound is not going to turn on MIL,, turn the cap snug as usual, and carry on

Oh yes I forgot to ask survive advisor if it covers under warranty.

·
Registered
17,548 Posts
Oh yes I forgot to ask survive advisor if it covers under warranty.

5yr / 60 USA,, do not know what neighbors to north (Canada) get for warranty

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.