Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I washed my 2010 SF today and perhaps it was a touch too cold! When I went to fuel up tonight, the cord that attaches from the gas door to the gas cap snapped off! Not a huge deal and I'll have it dealt with during the next service... just wondering if this is a common issue. Something actually broke.. it isn't as easy as snapping it back together.

Thanks

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
Interesting. I know on my '04 there was a clip that you could release if you squeezed the tabs together but I must confess I haven't looked at the cap on my '10 in any level of detail. Just how cold was it?

Edit: I just noticed your 'Drives' still shows you having the '02 model. Didn't you get rid of that close to a year ago? :bwekk:

·
Registered
947 Posts
Dangit! They can't even get the gas cap tether cord straight on these 2010's!! Seriously though, how cold was it? I too haven't really looked at how the tether attaches on my 2008, but I'm just under 60K miles and LOTS of fuel fill-ups and somehow it's still intact.

Joel

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
There's a cradle on the flap door to hold the filler cap... why not just use that?

I hate the plastic tether. Makes it harder to jam the pump nozzle open with the filler cap so I can put my hands in my pocket when refilling at 10 below.

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
QUOTE (Don67 @ Dec 11 2010, 10:25 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=378807
There's a cradle on the flap door to hold the filler cap... why not just use that?

I hate the plastic tether. Makes it harder to jam the pump nozzle open with the filler cap so I can put my hands in my pocket when refilling at 10 below.
Don't they have those locks on the pump handles up there in the Great White North?

·
Registered
947 Posts
I know it's rare to find a pump with the trigger lock intact in my area. I dunno if it's the station owners or installers that remove them, but they are almost always removed. Anything to reduce liability I assume.

Joel

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Majority of nozzles around here have the latch intact..

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
QUOTE (Don67 @ Dec 12 2010, 05:26 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=379021
Not in Ontario. It's a Nanny State.... er, province. The police up here actually set their tasers to "gentle suggestion". :grin:
My mom is from Massachusetts and they don't have them there either. When I was there I jammed my wallet in the pump to keep it running and my uncle keeps a set of these in his truck... :whistling:

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
Oh and you want to talk nanny state...you are not actually allowed to pump gas yourself in the State of Oregon. It has been deemed a Class 1 Flammable Liquid and permitting untrained individuals from dispensing such a dangerous commodity is simply not to be allowed so self-service is illegal. But if you have a diesel, you can do that yourself because it isn't as flammable. The idiots that run this state are so stupid, it boggles the mind.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Is it still like that in New Jersey? (not being able to pump your own gasoline) I don't get out much anymore. :whistling:

Joel

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
Yep...Oregon and New Jersey are the only two states with laws like that. Oregon will let motorcyclists pump their own gas but the attendant has to hand them the pump.
I wouldn't have such a problem with it but the state treats everybody like small children; incapable of thinking on their own and needing to have their hands held from birth to death. The attendants are pretty bad, too, especially the ones that have been doing it for a long time. Because they have the law behind them, they get on a big power trip and will scream at people for trying to do it themselves. Most people who do this are from out of state and don't know about the law and in fact, when I've told some people, they laugh because they think I'm joking.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts