Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Palisade has a garlic smell to it that won’t go away. It seems to originate in the back section of the car. I’ve parked it outside in the sunshine with all the doors and windows open for two weeks and it still won’t go away. I’m afraid to take it back to the dealership for this problem because they will probably just spray it with perfumes. Would love to get to the root of the problem.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Fold down the seats, pull up the mats, look everywhere. An old trick for removing odors is to take two dinner plates, sprinkle one with plenty of fresh ground coffee and the other with sliced apples. Leave the two plates on the back seat for a day or two with the windows only down 1/4 inch. This supposedly works.
If the dealer doesn't address this problem to your satisfaction, don't be afraid to contact Hyundai U.S. head office.
Good luck.

·
Registered
2012 Sonata 2.0t Ltd & 2020 Palisade Ltd
562 Posts
My Palisade has a garlic smell to it that won’t go away. It seems to originate in the back section of the car. I’ve parked it outside in the sunshine with all the doors and windows open for two weeks and it still won’t go away. I’m afraid to take it back to the dealership for this problem because they will probably just spray it with perfumes. Would love to get to the root of the problem.
Other owners on other Palisade forums have figured out that it’s coming from the headrests. Take them out of the seats, put your nose up to the holes and squeeze. I think you’ll find that‘s where the smell is coming from (not the seats themselves). Some have sprayed Lysol in them to help with the smell.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Take out the headrests. Use a suction vacuum or something to get the smell out.

·
Registered
‘19 Santa Fe Ultimate 2.0T FWD (Machine Gray/Espresso Gray)
1,578 Posts
I suppose it’s possible that the factory is filling the headrests with leftover Kimchi. Can anyone confirm?

·
Registered
2020 Santa Fe Limited, 2020 Jaguar F-Pace Premium
34 Posts
Could it be the CleanAir Ionizer generating excessive ozone?

·
Registered
2012 Sonata 2.0t Ltd & 2020 Palisade Ltd
562 Posts
It's the headrests. There are other Palisade forums where this has been established. No solution though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts