Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A couple days ago both HomeLink remotes in my 2012 Veracruz & 2012 Sonata stopped working after 6 years with no issues!!! Also, a separate universal garage remote would not open my garage doors. Turns out there must of been a power surge in the circuit that wiped out the codes in the garage door brain (1992 Craftsman). I was able to reprogram the universal handheld remote & the Sonata Homelink but can't get the Veracruz Homelink to work. I've spent 2 hours trying various methods including the owners manual, You Tube videos, dealer recommendation to no avail. It will not flash rapidly and finalize learning the codes.
Any insight fellas?

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
I had trouble programing Homelink for a new RX350. Calling Homelink for Tech Support was the only way I resolved issue. HomeLink® Customer Care at 1-800-355-3515.

Dealership did not have the answer.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Called HomeLink...no help, told me issue is with my Craftsman garage door opener even after I explained that I was able to program my 2012 Sonata. Called Craftsman anyway and they do not troubleshoot over the phone. Service calls are $75.00 an hour. Anyone else have some insight???!!!

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
In my situation I had two remotes. I found out I could only use one to program Homelink. IIRC correctly that step of flashing and learning the codes was not happening until I used the other remote when programming Homelink. That is all I have. Good luck!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I did some more searching and found the original garage door remote and was able to reprogram my Veracruz.
Still curious with two things...
1.) How the codes were wiped from the garage door opener motors when there wasn't any electrical outages or bad weather to cause a surge and it happened overnight when nothing electrical was in use?
2.) Why my 2012 Sonata would link up but my 2012 Veracruz would not link to my garage door motors?

Same year & model HomeLink too???

Oh well, just glad its been resolved!

·
Registered
848 Posts
...there wasn't any electrical outages or bad weather to cause a surge and it happened overnight when nothing electrical was in use...
Surges happen, even when there isn't bad weather. You won't always know why or when it happens, but it happens. Good to hear that you got it resolved.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Surges happen, even when there isn't bad weather. You won't always know why or when it happens, but it happens. Good to hear that you got it resolved.

I always plug garage door opener into a surge protector for that very reason.

·
Registered
403 Posts
This happened to me once on my '13 Sonata. I was away for a week and upon coming home, Homelink remote is not working. I attribute this to the garage door. Modern garage doors cycle codes so I wonder if something just got out of synch while I was gone. Re-initiated synch with opener and everything has worked fine since.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts