Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As most of you are probably aware, I had to get my rear bumper replaced because it had a scratch on it when I purchased the vehicle. The dealer tried to repair it but it looked worse.

The bumper was replaced last week but the dealer failed to install it properly. They put the plastic molding on the outside of the fabric rather than the other way around. The first two pics are of the incorrect installation on my car with the third being the proper installation on a LWB in the lot. The exact reason, I try to stay away from the dealership unless it is warranty work.

While I was inspecting the area of the bumper I also noticed a small "gap" or "space" in the liner/trim that is on the upper part of the rear wheel well. This space provides access to a screw if removal is necessary, but is also allows snow/ice/water to enter that area. There is nothing from stopping the water from falling down into the bottom inside the wheel well.

I am concerned that this "gap" could result in damage later down the road as the "elements" cause either rust damage or even get into the interior of the vehicle causing water damage.

This "gap" does not exist on the Sport model.

Does anyone else share my concern? Sorry for the poor pic. If you are looking at the rear wheel from the side, the gap is at about 1 o'clock on the interior of the wheel well trim.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The first two pics are of the improper installation on my vehicle. The third one is the proper fitment. The fourth pic is of the "gap" or "space" in the fender well above the rear wheel.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
The first two pics are of the improper installation on my vehicle. The third one is the proper fitment. The fourth pic is of the "gap" or "space" in the fender well above the rear wheel.
Actually, I think the first two pictures are correct if I recall correctly. I will have to check mine when I get home though. But I distinctly recall having that 1 1/4" plastic edge on the inside of the wheel well, because when detailing, I would clean it and apply some dressing to make it nice and black. I will verify and let you know.

As far as the gap, picture is blurry so it is hard to see what you're referring to. Nevertheless, I will also check this on mine when I pick my XL up from the dealer later this aft.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Actually, I think the first two pictures are correct if I recall correctly. I will have to check mine when I get home though. But I distinctly recall having that 1 1/4" plastic edge on the inside of the wheel well, because when detailing, I would clean it and apply some dressing to make it nice and black. I will verify and let you know.

As far as the gap, picture is blurry so it is hard to see what you're referring to. Nevertheless, I will also check this on mine when I pick my XL up from the dealer later this aft.
I checked other new vehicles at the dealer and they are installed as in the third pic.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts